Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #196
alexthunder
alexthunder began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus, NST, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX
ReLaunch and ReLaunchX are great apps. But I wish there were a couple of changes. If one taps the home button, it can open a file manager. But it would be nice to be able to open the list of apps on the long tap instead of the library or a file manager.

Alternatively the file manager can have a bar with either recently opened apps or favorite apps.

Will it be difficult to implement any of these features?
alexthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:35 PM   #197
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthunder View Post
Alternatively the file manager can have a bar with either recently opened apps or favorite apps.
I'm obviously confused, If you use relaunchx as your launcher it currently does show buttons at the bottom for recently opened apps and favorite apps
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #198
alexthunder
alexthunder began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus, NST, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm obviously confused, If you use relaunchx as your launcher it currently does show buttons at the bottom for recently opened apps and favorite apps
It was always launching with a file manager even when used as a launcher. In the file manager it does have a buttong for apps and favorite apps. But I was referring to a toolbar with apps insied the file manager rather than separate buttons. Thus it would allow to open almost everything needed without additional hits or gestures.

Changed the settings and ReLaunchX opens with a list of apps now. Another hit of the Home button turns it into a file manager. This is better than it was.
alexthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #199
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
The app already has so many features/customization options that I don't even know it all

It's a pity there's no nice documentation or tutorial for it.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #200
Krakozavr
Krakozavr began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
The app already has so many features/customization options that I don't even know it all

It's a pity there's no nice documentation or tutorial for it.
Hello!

Back in time, I worked with Haron2013 on ReLaunch's WiFi branch. Not as a coder but as a designer, I made the icons set for this version.

I have a question. That version still works flawlessly for me and it includes very useful features as FTP and OPDS, which still works. But it contains also DropBox synchronization, which seems to be broken, probably because the DropBox authorization procedure has been changed.

Do you have any plans to integrate those online features (FTP, OPDS, DropBox) into your version? Thank you

P.S. Just in case, I can see Haron2013't branch on GitHub, not for his latest version, unfortunately. Here is it: https://github.com/yiselieren/ReLaunch/pull/17

Last edited by Krakozavr; 04-07-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Krakozavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:36 AM   #201
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakozavr View Post
Do you have any plans to integrate those online features (FTP, OPDS, DropBox) into your version? Thank you
Hello! Nice to hear from former contributors. Thank you for your all feedback

I did not plan to integrate those additional features. Wow, finally I see where are the latest contributions. I took a quick look at a source shared through some forums as zip attachment but wasn't much impressed That's what is on the branch on my repo.

Personally I use other ways to organize and synchronize books with my device. Do-it-all app seems to be iOS approach due to the OS limitations. Android is flexible enough to have a set of tools in your workflow. Of course I can't imagine anything more practical than a file browser as a launcher for an e-book device.

The OPDS integration is quite interesting but perhaps one got it already by using Calibre.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #202
Millimole
Millimole began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Just a note to say that I've installed RelaunchX on my new Inkbook Classic 2 - and it works perfectly!
Thanks!
Millimole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #203
Bookobo
Bookobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - NST - Papyre 623 - Boox C67ML
I've installed it on a Papyre 623. The only problem is that I need to select "open with" everytime I try to open an epub. Is there a way to remember the selection, or a way to associate the file extension with a determined app?
Bookobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #204
Bookobo
Bookobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - NST - Papyre 623 - Boox C67ML
Sorry, I found it.
Bookobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #205
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
I am using moon+reader would like to know how can I see my cover books( that in moon+reader are recognized from the first page. In particulary as I was using SONY ereader as some of you, I really, really like the feature I can see as start page the cover of the book I am reading, so that I switch on and can start read the book
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:55 AM   #206
SchockoNougat
SchockoNougat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Wow! Minimum SDK Version 7. This is cool.
SchockoNougat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #207
ALinkToTao
ALinkToTao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question

Thank you Plusz and everyone testing this app giving great feedback for good development of this app.

I have one question though, and perhaps someone can answer it. It refers to settings:

Is there a way to turn off the displaying of the entire path of the filename? I wish to display only the filenames, not the entire path. I'm using this app as a library app for the Nook Simple Touch which allows me to cleanly select books. I gift rooted nooks to friends who aren't as tech savvy as I am and this app has great potential as a good book selector/bookshelf app.

In the settings I figured out how to display the filename under Settings/Advanced Settings/General Settings/"Format title of the book"
I have written there: %t[[%f][-%a]].

It is nice, but the paths are so long you can't read the filename in some cases. I discovered a few settings that hides the path, but some of the files simply won't give up the path display.

Any suggestions?

Thank you if you do respond.
ALinkToTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #208
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALinkToTao View Post
In the settings I figured out how to display the filename under Settings/Advanced Settings/General Settings/"Format title of the book"
I have written there: %t[[%f][-%a]].

It is nice, but the paths are so long you can't read the filename in some cases. I discovered a few settings that hides the path, but some of the files simply won't give up the path display.
Since your book titles are in your filename I suggest unchecking the Show Book Titles option under Settings/Advanced Settings/General Settings/.

I use the launcher to navigate my library too but never show titles only file names, see attached for what my result looks like. You can see that formatting the title names exactly how I wanted them was key to my setup.

I transfer the books to my device using Calibre and have setup the following template to automatically place the books appropriately for my use

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:05.2f} - {title}

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-11-11-12-53.png
Views:	281
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	174269  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-15-2019 at 07:55 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #209
ALinkToTao

Quote:
Since your book titles are in your filename I suggest unchecking the Show Book Titles option under Settings/Advanced Settings/General Settings/.

I use the launcher to navigate my library too but never show titles only file names, see attached for what my result looks like. You can see that formatting the title names exactly how I wanted them was key to my setup.

I transfer the books to my device using Calibre and have setup the following template to automatically place the books appropriately for my use

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I will try this when I get some time.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #210
ALinkToTao

Quote:

Hope this helps.
DoctorOhh, that did the trick. Thank you so much.