Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn42 View Post
It is NOT a phone, and it's been given 3G as a way to subsidize it's cost. The unwary will thin k it's a "good" thing, while the minority of us will see it as a way to be further exploited.

And I'm quite confused by your: "this is a tablet but NOT a phone" argument.

[EDIT]
After all why should I pay MORE for licensing 3G patents and having zero intention or interest at paying MUCH more for 3G when mostly, WiFi is avilable... marketroids?

It's marketroid tool. i.e. we make no money from WiFi hence we need to screw the living shit out of our customers for semi-grossly overpriced 3G service.
[/EDIT]
You shouldn't pay for what you don't need. Why argue? For me it is a phone that is also a tablet computer (I always buy unlocked phones and 3G service is pretty reasonable here). And it obviously isn't the device for you. The perfect size for a phone -- the biggest possible screen. I can put it in my pocket, don't even notice it, take it anywhere, take and make calls. And because of the big screen all the other functions (which are more important to me on any phone I have had in the last 7 years), like browsing, e-mail, IM, music, reading, etc., are so much better than on a smaller size device.

You don't want phone function, just look elsewhere, you should get a device with a similar screen size for $200 or so if you just want WiFi. This is an all-in-one, and not expensive compared to other phones.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #17
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn42 View Post
It is NOT a phone, and it's been given 3G as a way to subsidize it's cost. The unwary will thin k it's a "good" thing, while the minority of us will see it as a way to be further exploited.

And I'm quite confused by your: "this is a tablet but NOT a phone" argument.

[EDIT]
After all why should I pay MORE for licensing 3G patents and having zero intention or interest at paying MUCH more for 3G when mostly, WiFi is avilable... marketroids?

It's marketroid tool. i.e. we make no money from WiFi hence we need to screw the living shit out of our customers for semi-grossly overpriced 3G service.
[/EDIT]
Lol. What's with all the angst about a product you don't want? Companies sell; no one has to buy. All that matters is buyer and seller are satisfied with a transaction.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote