Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I just downloaded and read this. Very nice! I'll keep an eye out for your work now, for sure (and go review it on Smashwords).
Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #17
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Will take a look, thanks!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #18
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett View Post
I just downloaded and read this. Very nice! I'll keep an eye out for your work now, for sure (and go review it on Smashwords).
Craig, I just saw the review a few minutes ago. Many, many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
Will take a look, thanks!
Hope you enjoy it!

- M.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #19
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got confirmation that "We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore" has actually shipped to both Barnes & Noble and Apple now!

Not sure how long it will be before each store shows the ebook as available, but if anyone notices it on the iPad or nook before I do, please feel free to post an update.

More thanks are extended to all those who have been reading the story, sharing it with friends, and becoming Facebook "fans" (a.k.a. "friends who have enjoyed reading something I wrote"). Once there are five more "fans," we can get a nice, short, memorable URL... instead of something with a string of fifteen numbers at the end.

- M.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #20
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I read and enjoyed your tale. Keep writing. It's like the decimation of lawyers joke, "...a good start".

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Old 04-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #21
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
I read and enjoyed your tale. Keep writing. It's like the decimation of lawyers joke, "...a good start".
Thanks!

If you enjoyed this introduction to my work, also keep an eye out for "Olive Drab." The new story has a decidedly darker spin to its thread, and should be published soon.

- M.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Olive Drab.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	50043  
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #22
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

A few moments ago I learned that although "We Don't Plummet..." was indeed shipped to Apple last week, a Smashwords-related glitch caused all of the books in that shipment to default to a $9.99 sales price. (Should be fixed soon, if it isn't already.)

Although I would frankly love it if every person who encountered my writing would willingly pay that much per story (!), it doesn't look as though anyone has done so yet. Nor should they, since this is a short story. Realistically anyone can buy a whole digest-sized magazine of modern sci-fi short stories for a few dollars; the most I would charge for a one-off ebook short via Smashwords or Apple or anyone else is 99¢.

So... if you happily went off to the iBookstore on your brand-spankin' new iPad, searched for "We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore" by M. David Blake, and had a conniption fit when you saw the dollar signs, never fear! You can still download the story from Smashwords at the original (non-)price. Simply click on the image to be taken to the Smashwords page and select the Epub version, then drop it in iTunes to add the file to iBooks:

That said, I am considering charging for the next story. I am seeing lots of downloads, so my hope is that at least some of those people are reading it (and if the folks who downloaded had each paid $9.99, I would be happily sipping pina coladas off the coast of Kauaʻi as my secretary pounded the keys of an antique Royal...).

If you read and/or enjoyed "We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore," and would still like a gratis copy of whatever I offer next at Smashwords, just leave a review. You don't have to like the story... just be honest. If I decide to charge money for the next one, anyone who has left a review * will get a coupon code for a complimentary download.

- M.

* Really? Anyone? Well, yes. You see, if they like the first story and leave a glowing review it will be a small way of saying "thank you." And if they hate the story, and thoroughly slag my writing, it will be a small way of saying "please give my words another chance." (Or giving them an opportunity to fire another salvo if the writer is particularly vicious. It's still a chance I am willing to take, because I believe in what I am doing.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.png
Views:	296
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	50255  
Old 04-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

If you enjoyed the first story, my manuscript for "Olive Drab" will debut in the Folk Tales of the Final Frontier contest at The Friday Challenge.

For that matter, there is still time for you to submit your own story, if you would like to join the fun! There is no fee to enter. You aren't signing away any rights by submitting a story. You might even win a small prize, from whatever is stashed behind Door #3, and you'll get excellent feedback from a troika of qualified judges, as well as from your fellow participants.

For complete details, please see my "So you think you can write a story? Prove it!" thread in the Writer's Corner: - M.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #24
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Thanks a lot I will read it ;I dont read too much science fiction these days
Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #25
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I just finished your short story and left a review. I enjoyed reading the story and found that I didn't want it to end. I wanted to continue to read about the characters and their lives.

I'll look forward to reading more of your stories / books.

Thank you for a very enjoyable read.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #26
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'll look forward to reading more of your stories / books.

Thank you for a very enjoyable read.
And thank you for brightening my evening! I'll look forward to offering more stories for your enjoyment.

Sincerely,

- M.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #27
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

I just made a very pleasant discovery: "We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore" is currently the 24th highest rated free ebook on Smashwords, in any genre... and the second highest rated free ebook in the entire Sci-Fi and Fantasy category. Not bad at all, since it's only been available for a single month!

My sincere thanks to everyone who has downloaded, read and reviewed the story, and I am gratified that so many are able to enjoy it.

- M.

Last edited by Vintage Season; 05-07-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #28
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's next on my TBR list. Thanks for the freebie, and good luck with your other books!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #29
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
It's next on my TBR list. Thanks for the freebie, and good luck with your other books!
Read it, loved it, reviewed it.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #30
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Read it, loved it, reviewed it.
Many sincere thanks!

Apparently on the strength of your recommendation, "We Don't Plummet" has now jumped to the 15th highest rated free ebook on Smashwords, in any genre (and still in second place for Sci-Fi and Fantasy).

Hmm... I wonder if anyone could propel a story all the way to number one strictly by word of mouth?

- M.
Closed Thread