Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-23-2023, 12:27 PM   #1
doctoroftardis
doctoroftardis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Post Kindle 3 (Keyboard) links in text / Footnotes

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to select links within the text using a Kindle Keyboard. I have been wanting to read Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, a book (in)famous for it's footnotes. I am unable to select anything with the Directional buttons and the only way to get a cursor up (that I can see) is with the highlight function, although this doesn't allow me to select the link, only highlight text.

The document I am using is an .epub file and the footnotes are all hyperlinked (tested in Calibre)

Any help would be appreciated as this is the only function I need to make this the perfect reader for me

Thanks in advance
doctoroftardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 04:06 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't think that's possible with keyboard-only at the moment (though I could be mistaken; some amazing work has been done there), but regardless I'd suggest looking into style tweaks, specifically the footnote ones.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2023, 04:17 PM   #3
doctoroftardis
doctoroftardis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I don't think that's possible with keyboard-only at the moment (though I could be mistaken; some amazing work has been done there), but regardless I'd suggest looking into style tweaks, specifically the footnote ones.
Your reply has lead me to the right place! Under document setting header there is an option I hadn't seen called "start content selection". This shows a cursor and allows link selection. Unfortunately the "Select on text" menu doesn't give the option to allow following the link as the first option and you have to navigate through the popup dialogue, but the important thing is it works!
doctoroftardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:21 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hooray!

But to be clear, what I meant is that you may not have to follow links at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koreader-footnotes.png
Views:	82
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	199926  
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
footnotes, kindle 3, kindle keyboard, koreader, links