Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-05-2022, 01:32 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Fire HD 8 video player notifications

Fire HD 8 Plus (2020): whenever I leave a wifi connection behind (and some times when I pick up another connection), I tend to get a visual/audio notification that simply states "Alexa Video Player". Clicking on the notification does nothing and it quickly goes away on its own, but I find it annoying that I can't kill it.

I've added the Google Play store to this tablet (Chrome, Mail, Contacts, Calendar), but I've purposely left the Alexa app to be managed by Amazon and their appstore. I assume the Alexa app on an Amazon device is probably pretty tightly integrated with the OS.

There's a few references to it (relating to tablets and TVs) on Amazon forums, but nothing concrete--and no steps to try.

Anyone run into it before?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote