Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Silvio Britto
Silvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch NOIKBN905C
Unhappy I Have an Sd Image to a frozen Kobo - now what do i do?

Hi, everybody, i'm from Brazil

To make the long short, my Kobo Touch K905C frozen after a wrong update, i:
a) already have a Sd Card Image
b) my Kobo is really froze, i guess - when i try to Power, only one thing happens: the indicator light blinks 3 times: Green, Blue, Green, and nothing more

Now i wanna know:
1) is it in Coma or it's a corpse?
2) what do i do with this sd Card Image, if anything is possible?

Thanks you all
Silvio Britto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Reimaging the SD card will probably bring it back to live. To do this, have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122. That is I guide to put a larger SD card in the Glo, but the steps are basically the same. Except that you should skip step 2. If there is anything you don't understand, ask and someone will answer. There are also several other threads about this, that was just the first one I found.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Silvio Britto
Silvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to beholdSilvio Britto is a marvel to behold

Question SOMETHING happens

Thanks, David

I have no problems in following the instructions, i used a 8G sd card class 4

i've followed the tutorial until the end, except for the pass 2, as ypu told me

at the beginning nothing appears to be different, then i tried a factory reset (long press Home+Power) - the light blinks red one time, grenn and then keeps blinking in a white light as a caleidoscope

What now?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have done this twice and it worked OK. The only things I can think of is to make sure the battery is charged and that the device is off when you start. Connect and charge it for a couple of hours to make sure. Then, when you disconnect hold the power slider in the off position for at least 20 seconds to make sure it is off. The factory reset only works from completely off.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
Silvio Britto

Question

Humm, maybe could be the sd image that i used? i tried again with the original 2g card from Kobo and the same happens - mine is a N905C, do you have it?

Thanks
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

If you aren't using an image from an N905C, it won't work. I'll send you a PM with the link to the one I have.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Silvio Britto

Thanks David

David, thanks for the help

for my mistake, i breaked the battery connector, so NOW is dead

But anyway, i think that your process wolud work

Thanks, Bye
Old 10-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
You broke the battery connector soldered to circuit board?
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvio Britto View Post
David, thanks for the help

for my mistake, i breaked the battery connector, so NOW is dead

But anyway, i think that your process wolud work

Thanks, Bye
Hmmm are you sure you did not just dislodged the ribbon cable?
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
Silvio Britto

Unhappy

WELL, i try to take of the connector and the red and black cable broked, looks like a knife cut, understand?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That's bad luck. Did it break at the connector or is there enough you could solder it back together?
Old 10-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
Silvio Britto

Smile Thank you all

Thanks a lot, David, but is impossible to fix it, what to do. Life goes on, i'll buy another Kobo (or use my 7" tablet, in doubt by now) but i apreciate a lot all the support, thanks
Old 10-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You might find you're able to sell components from that unit; especially the dis0lay to people who have a cracked screen.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
Silvio Britto

Red face

Yes, thank',s i'll see this
Old 03-02-2019, 09:52 PM   #15
Andyna21
Andyna21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Hola, me podrán enviar una imagen sd del Kobo N905C? Gracias
Andyna21 is offline   Reply With Quote