Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2021, 07:32 AM   #91
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: HiSenseA5ProCC, OnyxNotePro, lots of cracked Kobo's
Nope, didn't say that. I just meant the dictionary format: not the device. You can install Koreader op the Pocketbook, too.
I found the Inkpad 3 Pro lacking. It froze frequently, still has a glass substrate for the screen and it was still too slow with pdf-files. I was seriously considering the InkPad X, but it has the same CPU as the Inkpad 3, so pdf-files will still be too slow.
I choose a refurbished Onyx Booze NotePro. I am quite happy with it.

The rest will be converted, too. I'll post when it's done.

Last edited by Markismus; 02-17-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:02 PM   #92
Natalia N
Natalia N began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Smile Portuguese dict

Hi guys!

I see you have some great e-book readers society here! I found this forum by accident, while looking for some dictionaries in .dic format. I didn't know .dic would be so difficult to find while I was buying my pocketbook.

I'm wondering if you will have some time to help me. Unfortunately, I do not understand anything from your explanations how to convert a dictionary - I don't have skills to do it myself. Do you maybe have some Portuguese dictionaries or can you convert it for me, please? I wrote to Pocketbook company, but apparently they don't support Portuguese a lot (only pt-ru) and I would like very much to practice this language. So I need a dictionary that will convert Portuguese words to one of these languages - Spanish, English or Polish, either will work for me.

I would be extremely grateful for your help, because I had already look everywhere for it. If anyone needs some Polish dictionaries - I would be happy to share
Natalia N is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #93
InMyPocket
InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia N View Post
Hi guys!
I would like very much to practice this language. So I need a dictionary that will convert Portuguese words to one of these languages - Spanish, English or Polish, either will work for me.
Hi Natalia,

I'm currently playing with the Wiktionary. I made especially for you
a version that include the whole PT wiktionary + translation to ES, EN and PL.

You will find here a file named WiktDict_PT_ES_EN_PL.dic It includes the portugese words definitions and translations for the 3 others languages alltogether. Tell me what you think about this idea.

If you prefer you can install 4 separates dictionaries : one for PT only (PT_PT file) , and 3 for ES, EN and PL.
Here is the link to download files:
https://gofile.io/d/oL0TCL

For information (for @Marksimus and other techies) I wrote a python script to make the convertion to xdxf directly from the ontolex files from dbnary project (http://kaiko.getalp.org/about-dbnary/). Theses files are the ones used by de Wikdict project to make Kobo and stardic files, so I tough that it will be better to get the data at the source...

Last edited by InMyPocket; 02-19-2021 at 06:47 AM.
InMyPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:27 AM   #94
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.

@gosertje All the Van Dale dictionaries are uploaded in PocketBook's dic-format. Koreader's Stardict-format and xdxf-format. I've only uploaded English-Dutch in Kobo-format, because it hasn't been tested, yet.

EDIT: tested and worked. I renamed the dictionionary to ...-en-el.zip, though, because the one present had that name.

Last edited by Markismus; 02-28-2021 at 05:44 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:20 PM   #95
Natalia N

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyPocket View Post
Hi Natalia,

I'm currently playing with the Wiktionary. I made especially for you
a version that include the whole PT wiktionary + translation to ES, EN and PL.

You will find here a file named WiktDict_PT_ES_EN_PL.dic It includes the portugese words definitions and translations for the 3 others languages alltogether. Tell me what you think about this idea.

If you prefer you can install 4 separates dictionaries : one for PT only (PT_PT file) , and 3 for ES, EN and PL.
Here is the link to download files:
https://gofile.io/d/oL0TCL

For information (for @Marksimus and other techies) I wrote a python script to make the convertion to xdxf directly from the ontolex files from dbnary project (http://kaiko.getalp.org/about-dbnary/). Theses files are the ones used by de Wikdict project to make Kobo and stardic files, so I tough that it will be better to get the data at the source...

Hi InMyPocket!

You are the best! This PT_ES_EN_PL dictionary is marvelous! I didn't even know that it's possible make combo like this!

I tested it all day today and it is now definitely the best dictionary I have! I remember that you guys said somewhere before that the biggest problem is when dictionaries don't have some words, but in case of this combo this problem is smaller - in lots of cases for eg. there is no translation in one of languages, but it is a version in other or a definition, so it works in far more cases than I could expect!

If you would like to make combo like this with the same dictionaries, but for translating from spanish to the others - I would use it a lot as well. But of course I don't want to abuse your free time! Thanks a lot once again!!!

N.
Advert
Old 02-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #96
InMyPocket
InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia N View Post
Hi InMyPocket!

You are the best! This PT_ES_EN_PL dictionary is marvelous! I didn't even know that it's possible make combo like this!
Frankly: I didn't knew myself before starting to play with the Dbnary files !

Quote:
I tested it all day today and it is now definitely the best dictionary I have! I remember that you guys said somewhere before that the biggest problem is when dictionaries don't have some words, but in case of this combo this problem is smaller - in lots of cases for eg. there is no translation in one of languages, but it is a version in other or a definition, so it works in far more cases than I could expect!
That's what I thought once I started to test this idea: the whole context give a much more qualitative way to understand and translate the words.... And I like the idea to have one dictionary for all my purposes: no need to switches between several ones...

And furthermore, it's based on Wiktionary, a community, free and open project => knowledge for everyone ! I love this idea!

Quote:
If you would like to make combo like this with the same dictionaries, but for translating from spanish to the others - I would use it a lot as well. But of course I don't want to abuse your free time! Thanks a lot once again!!!

N.
I made it: ES -> PT, EN and PL . You can use the same link. I added the file. I also updated the PT_ES_EN_PL file for a small cosmetic change in the separator:

"___" => end of definition. It is useful especially when a word has multiple grammatical sense: adjective, verb, noun, etc. The "___" separates the definition.
"................." => is inserted before a glossary part : i.e when there are multiple sense to translate.

Sadly, the Pocketbook dictionary app doesn't handle much formating, so I try to find some delimiters to help the reading of the dictonary. I you have any suggestion on this...
Old 02-21-2021, 04:51 PM   #97
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Quote:
Hi,

The file is availables here :
https://gofile.io/d/mTBOqX

penelope-3.1.3-XDXF-InMyPocket.zip

This bundle also included a demo of 2 Stardict files and the 2 converted files:
* dict-fr.zip : is a Stardict version of the Wiktionnaire (date 01 feb 2021) from this project: https://github.com/BoboTiG/ebook-reader-dict
* Nouveau Littre 2011 (from Bookeen by Penelope)_reconstructed.Stardict.zip generated by Marksimus (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=276)

Two ".bat" are provided to automate the convertion process explained in the examples below.

The bundle is available here:
https://gofile.io/d/R5Oin6
Hi InMyPocket,
I read the other thread, great work and good news for us pb users.
Do you think it is possible to update the links? I'm interested in trying to convert stuff myself.
Thank you
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:17 PM   #98
Natalia N

Quote:
Frankly: I didn't knew myself before starting to play with the Dbnary files !

That's what I thought once I started to test this idea: the whole context give a much more qualitative way to understand and translate the words.... And I like the idea to have one dictionary for all my purposes: no need to switches between several ones...

And furthermore, it's based on Wiktionary, a community, free and open project => knowledge for everyone ! I love this idea!

I made it: ES -> PT, EN and PL . You can use the same link. I added the file. I also updated the PT_ES_EN_PL file for a small cosmetic change in the separator:

"___" => end of definition. It is useful especially when a word has multiple grammatical sense: adjective, verb, noun, etc. The "___" separates the definition.
"................." => is inserted before a glossary part : i.e when there are multiple sense to translate.

Sadly, the Pocketbook dictionary app doesn't handle much formating, so I try to find some delimiters to help the reading of the dictonary. I you have any suggestion on this...

Hi! Thanks again! Good luck with everything Frankly, I think your idea with multiple dictionaries is great, maybe you should talk with e-readers companies about it
Old 02-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #99
gosertje
gosertje has learned how to read e-booksgosertje has learned how to read e-booksgosertje has learned how to read e-booksgosertje has learned how to read e-booksgosertje has learned how to read e-booksgosertje has learned how to read e-booksgosertje has learned how to read e-books

dictionaries

@Markismus

Weergaloos, thank you very much.
Now I have my complete set on my Inkpad
gosertje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #100
InMyPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4mmon View Post
Hi InMyPocket,
I read the other thread, great work and good news for us pb users.
Do you think it is possible to update the links? I'm interested in trying to convert stuff myself.
Thank you
Hi,

Yes of course ! The tool is here with severals Wiktionaries and other tools.

Seek for dbnary2xdxf.py

Start the program, it will display few guidance. The script will convert a Wiktionary in dbnary rdf format to XDXF.

Quote:
dbnary2xdxf dbnary_ontolex_file from_lang to_lang1 [to_lang2...] > output_file.xdxf
Then use the PB converter as usual
Quote:
converter ouput_file.xdxf lang_code
Rem: I'm not a python professionnal. I just spend few hours to learn some basics, enough to write this tool, so be indulgent with the coding.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:23 PM   #101
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Quote:
Hi,

Yes of course ! The tool is here with severals Wiktionaries and other tools.
Thank you very much

Quote:
Rem: I'm not a python professionnal. I just spend few hours to learn some basics, enough to write this tool, so be indulgent with the coding.
Don't worry You got something working and that's the most important.
Thank you again
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:42 AM   #102
InMyPocket

Hi,

After a suggestion of @nhedgehog to use Wiktionary XML source files and to extract more content, I looked at this format closer and I was very astonished that they do not use xml tags to delimit sections (e.g. synonym). Overall, the structure is quite a loosy...

So it will be a huge work to satisfy the wish of @nhedgehog (and probably others too) from scratch, but I also looked at the source file of this project: https://github.com/BoboTiG/ebook-reader-dict which makes a grat work in parsing and generate a stardict format file as output. I think it would be not too difficult to add code to extract more content. I also think that it should not be too difficult to add XDXF output format for our PocketBook reader.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #103
ichnilatis
Zealot
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Hi,
Could anybody convert this Greek encyclopedia, that I have in GoldenDict, to dict format for KoReader?

Thank you in advance!
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:06 AM   #104
Markismus
Guru

@ichnilatis I've uploaded a conversion of e-Δομή (El-El) using pyglossary and pocketbookdic.pl on pCloud in xdxf-, Pocketbook dic- and Stardict-format. The result consists of 2 dictionaries. The main file and one for abbreviations.

The usability of the Pocketbook dic-files will be heavily dependent on the quality of the keyboard-, morphems- and collates-files used. For Greek that quality is questionable. However, people have been happy with the results in the past, so I've included them.

Last edited by Markismus; 04-15-2021 at 05:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:04 AM   #105
ichnilatis
Zealot
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thank you very much, Markismus! (once again!)
I was sure of your help.
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote