Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2022, 04:57 PM   #1
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
New Homescreen Question?

This is just a quick question.
Is there a way to get rid of this Kindle Unlimited offer? I already had ads/special offers removed by amazon support.
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2022_01_27T05_31_15+0800.png
Views:	265
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	191908
It's not really a big deal, but it kinda ruins the whole vibe of my home screen. It just appeared there one day.
I'd rather see thumbnails of recommended books there than this eye sore.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:00 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
This is just a quick question.
Is there a way to get rid of this Kindle Unlimited offer? I already had ads/special offers removed by amazon support.
Attachment 191908
It's not really a big deal, but it kinda ruins the whole vibe of my home screen. It just appeared there one day.
I'd rather see thumbnails of recommended books there than this eye sore.
Long press and select /Not interested/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:13 PM   #3
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Long press and select /Not interested/
Unfortunately, nothing happens when I long press it. I've tried the thumbnail, the title, or the box.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:50 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
YMMV, but I hardly ever visit the Home screen: just switch to Library and when you close a book it will take you back ther.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:14 AM   #5
hleo12
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
YMMV, but I hardly ever visit the Home screen: just switch to Library and when you close a book it will take you back ther.
Thanks. But I find the Library view kinda fugly
Old 01-27-2022, 08:48 AM   #6
hleo12
Guru

Update:
I talked to another customer rep and they asked me to send them a screenshot. So I did.
The only thing they suggested was a factory reset.
Which I did. I have nothing better to do anyways.
And thank god the set up was made infinitely easier with the app pairing.
So now I'm back to downloading my books again, and indexing...
But at least I got rid of that eyesore.