Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #1
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
This is why I don’t buy from aliexpress - dead nova on day 14

On my 14th day, my Nova became unresponsive. Contacted the seller and they told me to leave a feedback and the engineers would get back to me.

So I left a feedback then I got this back. “I would change the product for you. But you've given me bad feedback, so I can't change the product for you.sorry!”

Never deal with “Hi mary ebook Store“ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/636...7ab04c4dIYIdwl

They ended all communication with this after I told them that they told me to leave a feedback. “I'm sorry! Bad reviews are the most serious punishment that has been given to sellers, and there is no need to continue to communicate.”

Now after all that back and forth, I missed my 15 day warranty period by 4 hours - and Aliexpress’s guideline tells me to contact the seller directly.

I know it is not onyx’s fault, but this whole experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth.
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
That's a real bummer. That's why I prefer to deal with a store such as Booxtor's which has a bit more of a reputation and which offers a longer warranty even if I might have to pay a little more.

https://ereader.store/en/
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #3
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Oh dear! That sounds awful. Would Onyx not cover the repair charges as it is within the warranty period?
Thanks for the warning I nearly bought a Max 2 Pro (4gb RAM) from that same shop. They told me to wait for a few days when they restock their warehouse in Spain. I am definitely sticking to the ereader.store (Booxtor's shop) and Amazon. I purchased my current Max 2 Pro from Booxtor's shop and the service was professional and I am very happy with my ereader/ my daily monitor/tablet.
Hope something will work out for you soon!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
bel3atar
Connoisseur
bel3atar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I bought my Poke Pro from the same exact store and I returned it because it had a light hole in the display.
bel3atar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #5
xoanohn
Connoisseur

What is worse is that they strung me along until the 15day return period is over.

So dishonest - I missed it by hours because I believed that they would replace it.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoanohn View Post
What is worse is that they strung me along until the 15day return period is over.

So dishonest - I missed it by hours because I believed that they would replace it.
Have you tried talking to ali? I think they would intervene in this matter.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #7
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx boox m96 & Boox Max 2
Quote:
On my 14th day, my Nova became unresponsive. Contacted the seller and they told me to leave a feedback and the engineers would get back to me.

So I left a feedback then I got this back. “I would change the product for you. But you've given me bad feedback, so I can't change the product for you.sorry!”

Never deal with “Hi mary ebook Store“ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/636...7ab04c4dIYIdwl

They ended all communication with this after I told them that they told me to leave a feedback. “I'm sorry! Bad reviews are the most serious punishment that has been given to sellers, and there is no need to continue to communicate.”

Now after all that back and forth, I missed my 15 day warranty period by 4 hours - and Aliexpress’s guideline tells me to contact the seller directly.

I know it is not onyx’s fault, but this whole experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth.
I had an issue with a seller on Ali 3-4 years ago. My package didn't come and seller was unresponsive. I initiated a charge back and eventually got the return from AliExpress. See if your allowed to do a charge back.
isaact33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:36 AM   #8
xoanohn
Connoisseur

After a lot of back and forth, the seller agreed to replace the unit - but I pay the shipping.

The seller says that they don't have any Novas in stock but promised to send one as soon as they get one.

So from Canada to Hong Kong, the cheapest shipping with tracking was $60 dollars through Canada Post.

I hope I get a defective free Nova soon.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #9
eReader fan
Groupie
eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
I suggest to not buy to this shop and even write an email to that people telling them we are not going to buy to him because in the most important eReader forum a collegue of us got f**ked by them.

If they receive enough emails complaining they will be more respectfull to they buyers
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #10
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 5, Onyx Nova 2
I ordered my Nova from Hi Mary. They strung me along at first before they finally shipped it. Lucky for me, my Nova's hardware has been flawless so far. Still, it's good to have a sense of what kind of "customer service" one might expect if there were a problem.

That was my first time to order through Ali. I'll stick with Booxtor and/or Amazon from now on!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:10 PM   #11
xoanohn
Connoisseur

So now I have an update. They finally shipped it. My surprise when I had to pay custom fees when they told me that I didn't have to. Fine. I paid it. When I open, it, it is the same machine.

All that back and forth to get a new unit for nothing. And there is no charger. AND now there is a crack on the screen at the top. This is after waiting a month for a replacement unit.

So $60 for shipping +$40 for customs on top of the original purchase price. No charger, same machine and a cracked screen.

DO NOT deal with Hi mary ebook Store“ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/636...7ab04c4dIYIdwl
Old 03-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #12
Kaitoku
Kaitoku began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max 2
I was about to buy a Poke Pro from them. Your post made change my mind. It's too bad that the Poke Pro is not sold elsewhere in Japan.
Kaitoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:31 AM   #13
Bob Willis
Enthusiast
Bob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
Quote:
So now I have an update. They finally shipped it. My surprise when I had to pay custom fees when they told me that I didn't have to. Fine. I paid it. When I open, it, it is the same machine.

All that back and forth to get a new unit for nothing. And there is no charger. AND now there is a crack on the screen at the top. This is after waiting a month for a replacement unit.

So $60 for shipping +$40 for customs on top of the original purchase price. No charger, same machine and a cracked screen.

DO NOT deal with Hi mary ebook Store“ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/636...7ab04c4dIYIdwl
I think you'd better not to order from the small seller from Aliexpress, because I also had an unpleasant experience with that. That really wasted my time and my money. After that, I decide to buy products from Amazon, Ebay, or official online shop. If you do want to buy a Poke Pro, you could order one from the Onyx official shop. You could enjoy the brand new products and promising after-sales service.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #14
tommyer
Connoisseur
tommyer began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62ml
Quote:
Never deal with “Hi mary ebook Store“
Nowadays there is another seller on Ali called Ebook reader Store. It‘s got more and better feedback. May be it is actually better?

I am interested in the Boox Note lite on offer there (which comes without stylus) and I have seen no other retailer who is still selling this device. If you know another place where to look for it, please let me know.

For my purposes, I have figured, I do not really need the stylus (Boox Note) because I don‘t want to write much with the device. I currently use an Ipad Pro 10,5 with GoodReader and even there I only do a lot of underlining, some circles around words, lines, crosses, exclamation and question marks and numbers or letters like firstly, secondly, thirdly and so forth on the margins. If I want to write something, I place a pop up note on the margins. I don‘t have an Apple Pencil so annotations are being done by hand touch. i am sure my annotations are rather basic as compared to what GoodReader has to offer (for example working much more with the different colors), but it is enough for me. All of this, I imagine, I could do on the Boox Note lite as well without the stylus. (The only problem I possibly see is, that, with some pdfs, the distance between the lines might be very small in which case a stylus would prove advantageous because your marking should be more precise with it and would fit better between the lines.) Would you all agree with that line of reasoning or would you say that it is much nicer to do the annotations I have described with the stylus than with finger touch?
Of course there is one more advantage going on for the BN lite: it is 100 € cheaper than the Boox note from a more established retailer, that is you can get it for 360€ including cover and screen protector (so they say at least). 360€ is a price that still feels alright to my taste but 460€ begins to hurt, especially when you already have an Ipad with GoodReader which is no doubt a very good device, but there is something good about a device without additional light -something an Ipad cannot offer. This is also the reason why I could convince myself that a Boox Note with lighting like the Pro is not necessary for me. Any good experience made with AliExpress sellers?

Last edited by tommyer; 04-23-2019 at 09:27 AM.
tommyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:57 PM   #15
Astora
Astora began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I never trusted Alibaba as many sellers sell crappy quality to make a quick buck out of it. I'm not saying it's all of them, but there is a big majority of providers, mainly from China. I got some funny shirts once that looked nothing like what was sent to me. This was the final blow to any Chinese product and I exclusively buy from companies that don't make products in China.
I'd rather pay a bit more to companies that make quality clothing in the US or Europe than having something that it's good to be thrown away.
Astora is offline   Reply With Quote