Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
ensyed
Enthusiast
ensyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
What happens to my US books if I change my country?

I have a US kindle and buy books from the US amazon store. However, I also have a UK amazon account with the same email but UK billing address bc I split my time between the 2 countries.
If I change my country to the UK will my US kindle books stop working on the same kindle?

Thx
ensyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I've never tried it and I hope you hear from someone who has but I cannot believe the ebooks would stop working. Before I could purchase ebooks from the Uk, I had to purchase from Amazon.com and all those ebooks still work.

I mean Amazon make it easy for you to change your country via the Manage your Kindle section in the Kindle store - perhaps when you click on the button, more info is available.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I've changed from Country several times and I've been able to read ALL my purchased books in ALL my devices without problem.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
yeah, I moved from a US account to the UK one, and it transferred all my existing US books to the UK account too, so I didn't lose anything and I can still access them and archive them
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Only thing that breaks when you switch countries are the subscriptions like newspaper and magazine.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
It's a sad state of affairs when a customer has to even think about such things. The publishing industry needs to hurry up and get into the 21st century.
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
yeah, I moved from a US account to the UK one, and it transferred all my existing US books to the UK account too, so I didn't lose anything and I can still access them and archive them
You should check your ebooks again. I switched my account to UK, and apparently Amazon used Google Translate to change from American to English. Fortunately I already knew what a lift was.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote