Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #76
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Man, I'm so envious >.>
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #77
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
Yes! Sonystyle.com switched to "In Stock Estimated ship date: 09/10/2010" for the silver PRS-350! And then they canceled my order.

(Credit card authorization problem--I think it's because I tried to pay for part of the order with an American Express Gift Card. I'll have to use that for something else, I guess, and put the full purchase price on my regular card.)

(Update: And now my new order is ready for shipment, estimated ship date 09/10/2010. Awesome.)

Last edited by hgwlackey; 09-09-2010 at 10:07 PM.
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #78
jswinden
Nameless Being

My account updated sometime this afternoon to say:

READY FOR SHIPMENT
Estimated Ship Date: 09/10/2010
Old 09-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #79
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
My account updated sometime this afternoon to say:

READY FOR SHIPMENT
Estimated Ship Date: 09/10/2010
Ditto!

P.S. B & H Photo has the new readers listed for preorder here

Last edited by tracyeo; 09-09-2010 at 09:58 PM.
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #80
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I'll call my store again tomorrow...now I'm jealous.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #81
darex2
darex2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350 (and PRS-505; for sale)
Has anyone seen the new models on display at the Philadelphia (Comcast Tower) SonyStyle store yet? When I called them last week, they claimed to not have them on display. Seems like most other cities' SS stores DO have them on display.

Hmm...
darex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #82
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Are these all 350s, or are 650s shipping too?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 AM   #83
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgwlackey View Post
Yes! Sonystyle.com switched to "In Stock Estimated ship date: 09/10/2010" for the silver PRS-350! And then they canceled my order.

(Credit card authorization problem--I think it's because I tried to pay for part of the order with an American Express Gift Card. I'll have to use that for something else, I guess, and put the full purchase price on my regular card.)

(Update: And now my new order is ready for shipment, estimated ship date 09/10/2010. Awesome.)
My order says :

READY FOR SHIPMENT
Estimated ship date 09/13/2010

Checked my cc statement today and it's already been charge. I hope it's already on it's way to my house. I'm not going to be happy if I don't get it by the 13th.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #84
monkpalmer
monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Tungsten TC
I picked up one this afternoon in my local sony store (Sydney, Australia)!

Truly a magnificent device. Great screen, no reflection, very very fast page turns .... You can even adjust the contrast.

Looks like a nice night for reading.
monkpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #85
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkpalmer View Post
I picked up one this afternoon in my local sony store (Sydney, Australia)!
Awesome! Did you get a 350 or 650? Did they have the 350 in blue? The SonyStyle AU site still shows them out of stock but with a shipping date of 9/10.

I will be in Alice Springs until Nov and then spend a few days in Sydney on my way back to the States. I am determined to get a blue one while I'm here. I will order when the site shows them in stock. Hope I don't have to wait until Nov.

Enjoy and let us know how much you like it!

retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #86
monkpalmer
monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Tungsten TC
I got a 650. I'm afraid I didn't look at the 350s.

A few other Australian retailers are supposed to be carrying them: Angus&Robertsons, Harvey Norman, I think .... Though I don't know what the retail situation is like in The Alice :-)

I can't see a thing wrong with it. And given the storage capacity, screen, build quality, lightness, it's the first ereader that I prefer to paper books.

The screen doesn't need a bright light to be legible. Perhaps you could read it outdoors at night in Alice Springs, if what they say about the night sky there is true ...
monkpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #87
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
For those that got them:

Any font changing setting?
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #88
jswinden
Nameless Being

My CC was charged yesterday, although my Sony account still doesn't show the item as paid.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #89
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I wonder if this means they're in stores...

Apparently not. Still processing for pre-order with a sale date of 09/16. Looks like the preorders will get first crack at all the new toys.

Last edited by jaxx6166; 09-10-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Nope..
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #90
jswinden
Nameless Being

SonyStyle store in US shows the silver 350 in stock, but the pink 350 and the 650s as still in pre-order status.

Of course my account still shows I haven't paid them yet even though my CC was charged yesterday. I think the Sony website is very slow to update. Last year when I ordered the 600 it arrived before Sony sent the email stating it had shipped.