Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
no b and n member discount on nook.

i thought id see how much i'd save.

answer zilch.

ill pass .. and tax too.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
No discount on the ebooks, either.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
What about employees? Do B&N employees get a discount on their store purchases? Would this include the Nook?
I'm might need to find a job real soon?

(Years ago I used to work at a bookstore called Kroch's and Brentano's. Pretty much of my paycheck went right back into the store. )
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
Me too

I actually went to the B&N website to the membership area and sent a question to their customer service about why we don't get discounts on ebooks. My membership is up for renewal in a couple months and I may not renew if we don't get discounts on the ebooks. If I get an answer from B&N, I'll post the answer.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Probably because they're already discounting a lot of eBooks more than they've ever discounted pBooks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
No discount, but according to their help board..........

NanArtChik wrote:

I know that B&N Members do not get their discounts on e-reader downloads.

Will we be able to purchase a nook and get at least 10% off? Will the nook eventually be available to purchase in B&N Stores?

I would think that since this is "hardware," most B&N Members would expect to get a discount...

Thanks, NanArtChik.

This has been answered elsewhere, but we'll do it again here, and then consolidate some threads to make the answer easier to find.

You're right that Members do not get additional discounts on nook or on B&N eBooks at this time. They do, however, get free expedited air shipping on nook, with delivery in 1-2 business days.

nook also knows when you're in a Barnes & Noble store, which allows us to send special content and promotional offers to you when you're in a store.

Thanks for the question, and for being a Member.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Wow.. see, that's exactly the sort of crap that made me quit buying from B&N. A book club that offered mediocre discounts online and off (and only worth anything if you buy a lot of best seller crap), high prices online with or without membership, and high prices in the store.

Compared to Amazon online, or Borders with their FREE coupon system (one very good coupon each week, usually) and it just can't compete! But cutting out their 'members' of this is really pretty uncool.

So sad... such a sleek little device, it looks like.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Just to be fair, Borders never gave a discount to its members for purchasing the Sony Reader at their store. Coupons always excluded electronics, including the Sony Reader. A member still may earn rewards points with the purchase (I think) and I would imagine this would be true for B&N members as well. FWIW
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote