Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Promote FBReader to visibility?

In the E-Book Reader section, you have:

Other Readers (x Viewing)
e.g. AvantGo, TomeRaider, MobiPocket, MS Reader, RepliGo, HandStory, µBook.

Given the remarkable capabilities of FBReader, especially on the Nokia 770, I suggest that you at least add FBReader to your list of "other" readers so that information about it is more readily found.

I realize there aren't as many U.S. users and English-speaking users of this program as there are Mobipocket or MS Reader, but it is one of only two e-book reading programs for Linux (Plucker GTK+ is the other).

Hope this makes sense to you. Of course, we will continue to cover FBReader at Internet Tablet Talk, but the e-book readers there are obviously only one among many applications.
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:55 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks for the suggestion, Roger. You are of course completely right, FBReader deserves its dedicated section considering how it's being actively developed and the first of its kind optimized for a "new breed" of handheld devices.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks!

As I noted over at Teleread, I think that the Nokia 770 (and derivative tablets coming after it) could/will start the movement that puts e-books front and center in handheld uses.

And FBReader will have a lot to do with it. Hope Nicolay and Misha get highlighting and bookmarks added soon, for that.

-- Roger
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote