Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Wish list for Kindle 3.0 - No folder/tag comments plz, its a given.

Dont laugh ... but I would like a remote control.

I was at the gym the other day and while doing the cardio (stationary bike and treadmill) part my workout I often like to read. I am loath to use the Kindle because of my sweaty hands.

I realize that I could use TTS with the volume turned down and have the page auto turn for me, but I want more control.

It might never happen... but I think it would be cool if the Kindle 3 had a remote control that connected via bluetooth. Using bluetooth would also open the door for AD2P wireless headsets, peer to peer ebook transfers, etc etc.

-------------------

I want to be able to buy music from Amazon's MP3 Store on the Kindle 3.0 .... I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon is already thinking about this for the next Kindle.

Now that I think about it.... why not open up the whole Amazon storefront to the Kindle? Want a new blender? Fire up the Kindle and order one!
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
A better browser would be nice, as long as it remains free to use, but the best feature (to me) would be support for more formats, specifically PDF, and EPub. Overdrive Library support would be great too. And I still want a user-replaceable battery.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The robot voice upgraded to sound like James Earl Jones
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
I read books in French on my Kindle and would like to be able to use a French-English dictionary to help with unfamiliar words.

A log giving reading history would be helpful, too.
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
A log giving reading history would be helpful, too.
This is already sorta done with the K2. The "Archived Items" folder stores a list of content downloaded from Amazon that is not currently stored on your K2. I use it as my Completed Reading list. But as I said, it is limited to items downloaded from Amazon.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert