Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
New Sony PRS-505 Reader - $210

In case people here have missed the crazy Microsoft rebate deal thru live.com, here's how to get a new Reader for about $210 (maybe a bit less):

1) Go to live.com, and search for 'Sony Reader'

2) click on the first eBay link that has the gold coin and 'live search cashback' next to it

3) Buy a 505 from eBay using Paypal, and receive 25% rebate from Microsoft. A few sellers have them for about $275-$280 ($205-$210 AR) with free shipping (which is preferred because the rebate does not cover shipping costs)

Note: You will need to create an MS Live account if you don't have one. All requirements and limitations are in the links, but it's very easy. (Up to $200 rebate per purchase, up to 12 rebates per account.) Just pay with Paypal, and get 25% back after 60 days.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that's a good deal. do you know if it works for anyone, or only US residents ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

I didn't see any 'USA-only' restrictions on the rebate deal. (But double-check before using it!) I think the only restriction is where the eBay seller will ship to.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmph. i just tried it, and i don't see any gold coins anywhere. and not actually very many ebay links, either ; mostly it's articles *about* the sony reader. in french. so i suspect the offer is limited to the US.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
How long is this promotion in effect? I'd maybe like to use it to buy the PRS-700 when it comes out next month.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut

Not sure how long this is good for. It was at 30% and 35% a while back, and down to 8-10% I think.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:43 AM   #7
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
US only - http://search.live.com/cashback/faq#faq4
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
what a surprise. but thanks for the confirmation gwynevans.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #9
stephenfsnow
stephenfsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the tip! Just purchased one from eBay for $279 with free shipping. MS Live says I should be getting $69 back... woohoo!
stephenfsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:07 AM   #10
Ivoch
Enthusiast
Ivoch began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Damn, that's a nice deal. Would anyone be willing to get one for me? I'll pay you the full price with paypal and then you can transfer the rebate to me whenever you receive it.
Ivoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #11
obanta
obanta began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-500 and PRS-505; BlackBerry 8830
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered my PRS-505 (blue) a few days ago for $274 w/ free shipping and I'm slated to get back $68.50. I went to live.com today and it looks like the promotion has ended for now. Can't wait to see how the screen compares to my PRS-500 and Kindle.
obanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Best deal I've seen
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote