Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #1036
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Okay, then I wish for cake.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:52 AM   #1037
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Okay, then I wish for cake.
Cake ! : That's no problem, though you'll have to go back in time and share with all the peasants in Paris .... (granted).

I wish the rain would stop ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #1038
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I wish the rain would stop ...
Granted - and now you've made DGma very unhappy, as she was enjoying all that lovely rain you wanted stopped.

I wish for a decent night's sleep tonight (for me and the yeti)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #1039
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I wish for a decent night's sleep tonight (for me and the yeti)
Well, okay. You both go to bed fully clothed, so as to stay quite decent. Your sleep is rather hampered, but at least no indecency occurs.

I wish I hadn't just dropped my Cheerios all over the office floor.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #1040
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I wish I hadn't just dropped my Cheerios all over the office floor.
Granted. You dropped them all over your keyboard instead.

I wish I knew how to properly poach eggs.

Last edited by Dylrob; 09-16-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #1041
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I wish I knew how to properly poach eggs.
Granted.
Try the clingfilm method at the bottom of this page, and lightly spray the clingfilm with oil spray. The result is a perfect poached egg.
http://www.b3ta.com/features/howtopoachanegg/

Unfortunately, your ferrets hide all your eggs.

I wish that it's a fine weekend in Paris, because that's where I'm going tomorrow.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #1042
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Granted.
Try the clingfilm method at the bottom of this page, and lightly spray the clingfilm with oil spray. The result is a perfect poached egg.
http://www.b3ta.com/features/howtopoachanegg/

Unfortunately, your ferrets hide all your eggs.

I wish that it's a fine weekend in Paris, because that's where I'm going tomorrow.
Granted. It'll be nice weather for ducks:

But I'm only jealous because

I wish I was going to Paris for the meet up
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #1043
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Granted. You shall be in Paris for the meetup, but your flight itinerary is Surrey -> London (3 hour layover) -> Newark (3 hour layover) -> Chicago (20 minute layover to clear customs and run across the airport) -> Atlanta (3 hour layover) -> Dallas -> Paris, TX

Did I mention the meetup was for Texas forumers.

I wish for world peace.

[this thread is very old, but I think it's a quality concept for the current mix of forumers in the Lounge]
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #1044
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Granted. You shall be in Paris for the meetup, but your flight itinerary is Surrey -> London (3 hour layover) -> Newark (3 hour layover) -> Chicago (20 minute layover to clear customs and run across the airport) -> Atlanta (3 hour layover) -> Dallas -> Paris, TX

Did I mention the meetup was for Texas forumers.

I wish for world peace.

[this thread is very old, but I think it's a quality concept for the current mix of forumers in the Lounge]
Granted. But because of your tendency to destroy buildings and potentially disrupt the world peace you are sent to Mars to help the rover with it's work.

I wish for a new car.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #1045
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I wish for a new car.
Granted.

However, because you didn't specify, the car will not be unused, but will be new to you and it will be this one:

I wish to own a tropical island.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #1046
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Granted. However the island is populated with dinosaurs that eat all your guested. The families sue you for wrongful death and you spend the rest of your life penniless. Which wasn't very long since without money you had no way to leave the island or pay your electricity bill.

I wish to have better artistic skills.

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #1047
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
granted, but you can't draw circles.

I wish to have a new computer.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #1048
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's new, it's never been opened, it's a Super Pet, complete with a 5&1/4 floppy disk drive!!! No, there's no wi-fi.

I wish for cabin by the lake.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #1049
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Granted. You are now neighbors with Jason Voorhees.

I wish for something strange but not dangerous.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #1050
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Granted. Poohbear is your new neighbour.

I wish for a white Christmas.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness