Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Whatever happened to...

HarryT? I realized I hadn't seen his Dalek avatar in quite some time, and when I checked his profile, I saw that his last MR post was in late November. I sent him a PM about a week ago but never heard back. I hope he's traveling the world or pursuing the Doctor across time and space and isn't ill.

I left the subject line open-ended in case there are other forum members who have gone missing that someone would like to inquire after.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I was just thinking about him yesterday & hoping everything as okay. I see his last activity was today (a couple hours ago), he just hasn't been posting.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2017, 07:19 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I thought about him the other day too.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
No news about him, but, in what concerns me, I thought his avatar was R2D2.

(Not a big science fiction fan.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R2-D2_Droid.png
Views:	190
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	154112  
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Harry's taking a break from MR; we're looking forward to his return.

And yes, his avatar is a Dalek.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Thanks, poohbear, good to know he's okay.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Isn't Harry doing a degree in Egyptology? I can understand that at some point, it'll take a lot of time.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:38 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Isn't Harry doing a degree in Egyptology? I can understand that at some point, it'll take a lot of time.
A lot to learn on the subject I'm sure.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:41 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone thought of starting a thread to post the usernames of those members who we have lost? Just wondered as some people do just wander away to do other things while still others have passed on. It might be an idea to have a thread dedicated to those members who have passed away.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Has anyone thought of starting a thread to post the usernames of those members who we have lost? Just wondered as some people do just wander away to do other things while still others have passed on. It might be an idea to have a thread dedicated to those members who have passed away.
I was thinking that would fit in "light a virtual candle".

Also side note, there may be some that don't want others to know they have passed.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I was thinking that would fit in "light a virtual candle".

Also side note, there may be some that don't want others to know they have passed.
Perhaps it would but I meant a thread just for members. The light a virtual candle thread has postings about anyone of note who has passed. I am having trouble with the sense of your 2nd point. Are you referring to the departed themselves or their families? In any case if you mean their families they aren't likely to make it known in the first place if their family member has passed if they don't want it known I would think. Though in such cases the families wishes should be respected certainly.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Perhaps it would but I meant a thread just for members. The light a virtual candle thread has postings about anyone of note who has passed. I am having trouble with the sense of your 2nd point. Are you referring to the departed themselves or their families? In any case if you mean their families they aren't likely to make it known in the first place if their family member has passed if they don't want it known I would think. Though in such cases the families wishes should be respected certainly.
On the second note, I would be more worried about side people rather than the family.
Not everyone knows a family wishes.
Let me give you an example. A guy dies and his family and friends (at the time know about it), there is no public notice anywhere. I don't know if the family didn't want It known (for what might crawl out of the woodwork) or if his son was cheap, mad at his father or was honoring family wishes.
A few years later, I run across a woman that knew the guy. I didn't know what had happened to the guy since I hadn't talked to him since we had some words about where he should keep his girls. Wasn't concerned.

Anyway this woman knew both me and the guy had been together briefly in the mid 80's. She very promptly told me about him passing away when I saw her in the 2000's.

One: I didn't find it particularly appropriate (though I figured he was dead due to some choices he made).
Two: it was very awkward. But that had more to do with who else heard the conversation.

Note: this would have been a very side person in his life and would not have been privileged to family secrets. Note: I didn't even know the woman knew me or knew of me when I met her the day she told me.
Oh: she knew my husband or knew of him back in the day too.
And neither one of us could even remember her.

That is who I am talking about. Someone that doesn't know the back story.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

In any case it was just a thought. If it happened or not would depend on the Moderators.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
In any case it was just a thought. If it happened or not would depend on the Moderators.
I know but now you see where I was coming from.