Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #226
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
I am always looking for cheap arts and crafts books for my niece. Any books you find would be appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it in mind.

My normal posts are going to be of books of very high ratings (and a large enough number of them for the figures to be valid), very high markdowns (ideally, very low price, too), etc. So, there won't be many that I end up posting.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #227
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have both a UK and a US Audible account that I sign in with my Amazon account which is the same email on both sites. I've not had any trouble so far. I do have my address registered as the UK though.
Almost the same here, with a US address. No problems using both.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #228
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This might be one of those rare instances where I have scooped the tubemonkey. Of course, knowing his deviousness, he could have this offer hidden under multiple layers of links on the O.P.

Get two months free at Audible via Living Social.

Of course, the first thing that people who have taken advantage of an Audible trial offer before is "is this only for new customers?" Answer: "The offer is only valid for new Audible customers."
Old 01-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #229
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
This might be one of those rare instances where I have scooped the tubemonkey. Of course, knowing his deviousness, he could have this offer hidden under multiple layers of links on the O.P.

Of course, the first thing that people who have taken advantage of an Audible trial offer before is "is this only for new customers?" Answer: "The offer is only valid for new Audible customers."
It's new and it's been about a week since I last checked it. And, it didn't work for me:

Quote:
Sorry, that offer has already been claimed. If you think we have made a mistake, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-283-5051.
Thanks - will add to the OP --> exp: about 1 month --> exp 28 Feb

details

Spoiler:
Wish you had the time to read more, but find that you're simply too busy? Audible's incredible library of audiobooks and intuitive app are here to help you soar through your reading list while on-the-go. With this limited-time offer, you can try out Audible for an entire 60 days...completely free. Plus, with a 60-day membership you'll be entitled to two free audiobooks of your choice (that you'll keep for life) and discounts on unlimited additional books. So what do you have to lose? Sign up now for Amazon's audiobook solution and start diving into that reading list.

• Get 60 days of Audible for free ($30 value) - usually $14.95/month • Receive two credits for any two books in the library • Get discounts on unlimited audiobooks • Free Access to Channels and new original content • Cancel your membership at anytime • Choose from over 180,000 books • Listen while you run errands, exercise, etc. • Use on multiple devices & always start exactly where you left off

the fine print

Spoiler:
The promotion is valid for a limited time only. The promotion applies only to items sold by audible.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. audible.co.uk, etc.) do not qualify. At the end of the two-month promotional period, your Audible.com subscription will be renewed at the then current full price (currently $14.95 per month) with your Audible account credit card. Claim codes cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash, or applied to any other Audible account, except where required by law. This promotion may not be combined with other offers. Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift. Limit one per customer and account. The offer is only valid for new Audible customers. The offer is only valid for customers in the United States. Audible account required. Limit 1 redemption code at checkout. Entire value must be used in a single visit. Other terms and conditions apply, including those available at http://www.audible.com/gift-terms. If you violate any of the terms or conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the offer will not apply. Audible reserves the right to modify or cancel at any time. Void where prohibited.

Additional terms & conditions

Quote:
Terms & Conditions

We may make available on behalf of advertisers or Merchants a type of free Vouchers called “Offers” which will usually entitle the recipient to an amount or a percentage off on their purchases and ordinarily do not involve a specific value of Goods or Services. Offers are available to you at no charge, and accordingly Offers, unlike most Vouchers, contain only a Promotional Portion and no Paid Portion. Rather, Offers are made available by the Merchants as a reward to encourage you to visit their places of business (including websites) or purchase their Goods or Services during the period prior to the Expiration Date stated on the Offer Confirmation sent to you. These Offers expire on the date stated on the Offers Confirmation, and after the Expiration Date, the Offers will be of no value and will not be redeemable in any form or matter.

Like all Vouchers, Merchants are the sellers of the associated goods and services promoted in the Offer and are solely responsible for providing them, their quality, compliance with law, including laws with respect to Expiration Dates and the service of alcoholic beverages, and for redeeming Offers. Offers may be used only once. After receiving an Offer you must contact the Merchant to make a purchase. Availability may be limited and there is no guaranty that it will be sufficient to meet all Offers issued. Offers are subject to terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions stated on the Offer as Fine Print. LivingSocial is not responsible for additional or different terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions that may be imposed by the Merchants on Offers. In the event that a Merchant refuses to honor an Offer without cause or contrary to law or these terms and conditions, your only recourse is only against the Merchant and LivingSocial will not have any responsibility. LivingSocial reserves the right to cancel, terminate or alter any Offers at any time. Offers are not exchangeable, refundable or redeemable in cash unless required by law.

All capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the same meaning as in the LivingSocial Conditions of Use. The LivingSocial Conditions of Use are incorporated herein by reference.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-06-2017 at 05:19 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:31 PM   #230
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's new and it's been about a week since I last checked it. And, it didn't work for me:

Thanks - will add to the OP
In that case, I take back what I said about your deviousness.
Advert
Old 01-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #231
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:

Just cancelled my account from the Groupon offer one week ago and was able to get this Living Social offer on my existing Audible/Amazon username - thanks GtrsGr8. So, NOT for new members only... good luck to others.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #232
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Just cancelled my account from the Groupon offer one week ago and was able to get this Living Social offer on my existing Audible/Amazon username - thanks GtrsGr8. So, NOT for new members only... good luck to others.
I wonder if it makes any difference if you've gotten your trial membership directly from Audible or via a third party (Groupon, LivingSocial, et al.). I don't remember, for sure, now how I got my one and only trial membership with Audible. Maybe tubemonkey or someone else who is really on top of the matter could tell us. I'm tempted to give this one a try.

Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-22-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #233
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 23 Jan
Old 01-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #234
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 23 Jan
  • Audible ---> $3.95 -- Narconomics -- Tom Wainwright --> NF poly sci
  • BN Nook --> $5.95 -- I Am Your Judge -- Nele Neuhaus --> detective

* Narconomics: How to Run a Drug Cartel
Old 01-23-2017, 07:13 AM   #235
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 23 Jan
Old 01-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #236
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 24 Jan
Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #237
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I wonder if it makes any difference if you've gotten your trial membership directly from Audible or via a third party (Groupon, LivingSocial, et al.). I don't remember, for sure, now how I got my one and only trial membership with Audible. Maybe tubemonkey or someone else who is really on top of the matter could tell us. I'm tempted to give this one a try.

Thanks for your feedback.
There's a difference between a trial offer and a promo.

Trial offers come from Audible and sometimes a co-sponsor. It's generally a one time shot and if you attempt to get subsequent trials, you'll probably get a message like this:

Quote:
We're sorry. You've already purchased a membership plan. You cannot purchase a second membership.
Promos, on the other hand, are free or low-cost offers from companies like Groupon, Travelzoo, LivingSocial, Avis, Herz, or pretty much anyone. These offers usually involve promo codes and are independent of previous free trials or other promo offers. I, for one, have received promos from all of these companies, and some, on several occasions.

The current one from LivingSocial is a repeat of a previous offer, so that's why I didn't qualify this time:

Quote:
Sorry, that offer has already been claimed. If you think we have made a mistake, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-283-5051.
My advice is to go for it. You have nothing to lose and you'll get two very long self-help audiobooks out of it for free. Just remember to cancel before your credit card gets charged.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #238
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There's a difference between a trial offer and a promo.

Trial offers come from Audible and sometimes a co-sponsor. It's generally a one time shot and if you attempt to get subsequent trials, you'll probably get a message like this:

Promos, on the other hand, are free or low-cost offers from companies like Groupon, Travelzoo, LivingSocial, Avis, Herz, or pretty much anyone. These offers usually involve promo codes and are independent of previous free trials or other promo offers. I, for one, have received promos from all of these companies, and some, on several occasions.

The current one from LivingSocial is a repeat of a previous offer, so that's why I didn't qualify this time:

My advice is to go for it. You have nothing to lose and you'll get two very long self-help audiobooks out of it for free. Just remember to cancel before your credit card gets charged.
Exactly the kind of stuff that I wanted to know! Thanks for the info.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #239
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$2.98 WS Deal on #1 New York Times Seller about Serial Murderer of Family Members.

I haven't posted a Whispersync deal in a little while. I'm posting this one primarily because it's got the best combination of price (only $2.98!), markdown compared to price of audio alone at Audible (85%!), bang for the buck (over 20 hours' listening time for your $2.98 spent!), and high ratings. Also, the book is a #1 New York Times seller.

It's a must-buy for me because of personal connections to the town of the first murders. I spent a lot of years as a child in Louisville. I don't remember the murders there, though! The year of those murders, however, I was overseas, back and forth from Louisville to college out-of-state, and working out of town. Somehow I just didn't hear about the horrible crime there, then. From previewing the book, I know that there will be a lot of sites, businesses, roads, neighborhoods, etc. that will be very familiar to me.

For you non-fiction haters (you know who you are!). Yes, this is a non-fiction work, although it reads like a true crime novel. Here's a suggestion: buy the ebook or Whispersync deal and, while you're reading or listening, just pretend that the things in the book never really did happen! I know that you'll love the book!

Title: Bitter Blood: A True Story of Southern Family Pride, Madness, and Multiple Murder.
Genre: Non-Fiction (True Crime)
Author(s): Jerry Bledsoe.
Price: $2.98 ($0.99 ebook (marked down) + $1.99 Whispersync audio).
Regular Price of Audio, by Itself, at Audible: $19.95 (1 credit).
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews: 4.3 stars/274 reviews (Amazon); 4.02/4,165 (GoodReads).
Audio Rating/Number of Ratings: 4.2/416 ratings.
Pages/Audio Length: 576/20 hours and 8 minutes.
Narrator(s): Kevin Stillwell.
Audible URL: http://www.audible.com/pd/Nonfiction...ok/B00VQTFS7E/.
Amazon URL (you can get the whole Whispersync deal here): https://www.amazon.com/Bitter-Blood-.../dp/B00KFI0EFI.
Comments:
Book Description (Amazon):
The terrifying #1 New York Times bestseller about the unbreakable ties of blood

The first bodies found were those of a feisty millionaire widow and her daughter in their posh Louisville, Kentucky, home. Months later, another wealthy widow and her prominent son and daughter-in-law were found savagely slain in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Mystified police first suspected a professional in the bizarre gangland-style killings that shattered the quiet tranquility of two well-to-do southern communities. But soon a suspicion grew that turned their focus to family. The Sharps. The Newsoms. The Lynches. The only link between the three families was a beautiful and aristocratic young mother named Susie Sharp Newsom Lynch. Could this former child “princess” and fraternity sweetheart have committed such barbarous crimes? And what about her gun-loving first cousin and lover, Fritz Klenner, son of a nationally renowned doctor?

In this powerful and riveting tale of three families connected by marriage and murder … of obsessive love and bitter custody battles, Jerry Bledsoe recounts the shocking events that ultimately took nine lives, building to a truly horrifying climax that will leave you stunned.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-23-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #240
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've come across a new Audible promo code: qvcaudible.

The offer is two free books with a 30-day trial membership; the code expires February 28. I currently have a membership with credits waiting to be used, so I haven't tested it to see if it works if you've already been a member.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote