Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #22951
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Ask about Exzema
That's what the doctor said, that it's a form of eczema, though it's hard to tell what brought it on (it could indeed be stress or humidity).

I've now got a cortisone cream and if it isn't better within a week I should come back.

I've also got a super gentle camomile soap, all my other soaps and showergels sting my irritated skin.

that I can get a full night's sleep, it's been a while thanks to this the last couple of day and the cold I had last week.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #22952
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
That's what the doctor said, that it's a form of eczema, though it's hard to tell what brought it on

Have you changed your clothes detergent recently? Or had any foods that you haven't had before?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #22953
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
DB has eczema, we use a special eczema soap for him that has helped a ton. They do make them, most have some type of oatmeal in them to help soothe the skin. The product we use is California Baby and really good. It can be used by adults.

We put on aquaphor or cetaphil as a moisturizer. His legs have gotten a ton better. His face still flairs up but that is due to drool from teething (he is 14 months), sleeping face down and rubbig his check, and an increase in humidity.

There are a bunch of websites that discuss eczema and there is suppose to be a food based connection. I am not sure I buy that but who knows. Gentle body wash and shampoo, limited time in the tub/shower, and good moisturizers are what work.

My friend had really bad eczema all her life and she wore only cotton clothes because other materials bothered her.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #22954
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Good luck. I hate plumbing of any kind, as something always seems to leak after I've finished.
So far, so good No leak and no water remaining inside the dishwasher when the cycle is over. Now only time will tell if it's really okay and if it's going to stay that way Right now, I'm a happy bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Oh! what's this extra screw for?
I've had that huh-huh moment once yesterday, but in the end everything went back to its place. Or so it seems
I have to say that for once I gave some thoughts before starting taking everything down, which means if there were some screws on the parts I was removing I would tape them on a sheet of paper and label them. Then when putting everything back together, I just had to follow this sheet in reverse order. That saved me some time, because all the screws were using the same screwdriver, but their lengths were different

Rant mode (first world problem kind)
I sent my smartphone (blue) back due to a bad screen. Today I received a new one but it's black and I'm not too fond of black electronic devices. At least, the white one would have been better.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #22955
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Right now, I'm a happy bunny
And there I was thinking you were a recycled penguin...

Well done on the repair job. Deserving of a nice glass of wine to celebrate, methinks.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #22956
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Popped out to pick up a cheap neoprene sleeve rather than pay shipping and delivery on a less than £7 purchase. Pulling into the last disabled spot at the store had to park further to the left of the space because of inconsiderate driver using the disabled bays to pick up his purchase leaving his doors wide over. And not disabling a valid blue badge, surprised? Not me.

So ten minutes later I get back into my car and begin reversing and my Mum in passenger seat yells stop and I hear the scrape on my bodywork. Blasted cement bollard in my blind-spot on very corner of space. Getting back into space I get out and go around to passenger side door. Instead of just the scraped bodywork we expected as we barely touched the bollard and I was going a snails pace, my usual speed when reversing.

But the panel over the wheel had bent inward just a little on the side neared the door joints. Whatever the real name is, not mechanical here.

Heading into the shop I asked if it was fixable. After all not much damage to the naked eye and only a couple of scrapes of paint on the edge of the passenger door.

Good news, only the wheel arch panel was actually damaged, not the door or the mechanisms there. But it would be between £200 and £300 to attempt fixing the existing door, plus repainting it to match bodywork as it would become damaged while beating. New panel costs just over the £100 and comes the exact colour match from Kia. When we added it up it was cheaper to bring in the new panel, put it in for two days (apparently it's a two day job) and they would fix the scratches for free. Basically in cash it came to £550 but as we were going by cash rather than claim off insurance they will do everything for £500.

Luckily no casualties except my dignity, or rather my self-flagulation. Apparently it's the new safety feature, when in accidents bumpers and sides of car built to collapse and it's less dangerous for driver and passengers. Unfortunately it doesn't take much pressure to cause them to collapse and replacement is very expensive. I'm just glad it was only a one person accident. I might feel like an idiot for coming into contact with that blasted bollard but at least no physical harm has come to anybody, which would be more nerve wracking I'll take indignity and embarrassment over actual harm coming to an actual person.

So that's a total of £506.99 for the £6.99 sleeve. I would've been cheaper paying shipping and delivery this time.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #22957
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Have you changed your clothes detergent recently? Or had any foods that you haven't had before?
Neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
DB has eczema, we use a special eczema soap for him that has helped a ton. They do make them, most have some type of oatmeal in them to help soothe the skin. The product we use is California Baby and really good. It can be used by adults.

We put on aquaphor or cetaphil as a moisturizer. His legs have gotten a ton better. His face still flairs up but that is due to drool from teething (he is 14 months), sleeping face down and rubbig his check, and an increase in humidity.

There are a bunch of websites that discuss eczema and there is suppose to be a food based connection. I am not sure I buy that but who knows. Gentle body wash and shampoo, limited time in the tub/shower, and good moisturizers are what work.

My friend had really bad eczema all her life and she wore only cotton clothes because other materials bothered her.
As I said I think it's a combination of stress and humidity. My skin irritates quickly when the weather is sweaty, especially in those areas that have broken out in a rash. Hopefully it won't be a recurring problem!

The cortisone cream seems to help, at least the itchiness, burning sensation and flakiness has been reduced by 99% (or so it feels), so hopefully now I'm not tempted to scratch and/or rub the irritated skin the redness will also go away.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #22958
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Glad that it is helping!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #22959
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
RANT:

My dang Bunn died! I go to make a fresh pitcher of iced tea and it would not turn on or anything. Even the reservoir was cold. Changed it to a different plug still dead. Plugged in the toaster it worked. UGH! this Bunn is only 2 years old.

Called customer service: Was told.... It is still under warranty (Bunn offer's a 3 year warranty, no receipt required). Will send me a new one in 5-7 days and I ship the dead one back to them.

Best part - The 3 year warranty starts all over with the new Bunn.

Now to find something to make that pitcher of tea and coffee in the morning.

Okay thanks rant over.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #22960
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've used a regular old pot on the stove many times to make the hot water.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #22961
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I've used a regular old pot on the stove many times to make the hot water.
I have my grandmother's Corning Ware Blue Cornflower pot but I hate to use it. I guess for the next few days I will.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #22962
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
RANT:

My dang Bunn died! I go to make a fresh pitcher of iced tea and it would not turn on or anything. Even the reservoir was cold. Changed it to a different plug still dead. Plugged in the toaster it worked. UGH! this Bunn is only 2 years old.

Called customer service: Was told.... It is still under warranty (Bunn offer's a 3 year warranty, no receipt required). Will send me a new one in 5-7 days and I ship the dead one back to them.

Best part - The 3 year warranty starts all over with the new Bunn.

Now to find something to make that pitcher of tea and coffee in the morning.

Okay thanks rant over.

How is that a rant? Last I checked a Bunn costs a couple of hundred dollars US or more, and they're sending you a new one?

Sounds to me like you hit a jackpot!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #22963
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
How is that a rant? Last I checked a Bunn costs a couple of hundred dollars US or more, and they're sending you a new one?

Sounds to me like you hit a jackpot!

lol because nothing, and I mean NOTHING makes a pot of coffee or tea like a Bunn. Pour water in and in less than 3 minutes I have a pot of coffee. No waiting around 10-15 minutes. Start the pot, get coffee cup, put in a little sugar and cream and pot is half way ready.

Yes they are expensive but they usually last 10-15 years.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #22964
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
RANT:

Here I thought you were telling us your BUNNY had died (figuring Bunn was a short and sweet form). Thought you were about to say he had chewed on the cord of the ice tea maker .... I kept reading and finally was elucidated!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #22965
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
lol because nothing, and I mean NOTHING makes a pot of coffee or tea like a Bunn. Pour water in and in less than 3 minutes I have a pot of coffee. No waiting around 10-15 minutes. Start the pot, get coffee cup, put in a little sugar and cream and pot is half way ready.

Yes they are expensive but they usually last 10-15 years.
Yep, we have a double potter in my office, when I was shopping on line for new carafs for it I happened across new machines for sale. WOW! Talk about sticker shock!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness