Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #151
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjVFaIdxiWA
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #152
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by konrad white View Post
Konrad, Thank you for sharing this with us.

I just ordered this Case in black for my Aura Hd.

here is the ebay link

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksi...at=0&_from=R40

You will notice that it also sells for the Glo!

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #153
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Konrad, Thank you for sharing this with us.

I just ordered this Case in black for my Aura Hd.

here is the ebay link

regards

Jack
It's my pleasure. Good luck.
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #154
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
here is the ebay link

I have this case for the Glo. It is great, fits well, very slim, colourful, and not too heavy. The only drawback is that the magnet is so strong, and the case so thin, sleep is invoked when the front cover is flipped back for reading.

I have gotten around this by using a small strip of rubber shelf liner between the covers right near the edge. The extra couple of millimeter thickness works to keep the magnet away from the sensor, and the rubber doesn't slip. (I had this on hand already originally purchased from the dollar store) If I am going out I manually put it to sleep and insert the strip inside the case beside the glass - I originally didn't put it to sleep but it would turn the page on me! If I'm just staying home, I close it normally and place the strip on top of the case. Its nonslippiness helps not losing it.

I am guessing that the Aura would not have this problem because of the ridged back.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #155
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I have this case for the Glo. It is great, fits well, very slim, colourful, and not too heavy. The only drawback is that the magnet is so strong, and the case so thin, sleep is invoked when the front cover is flipped back for reading.

I have gotten around this by using a small strip of rubber shelf liner between the covers right near the edge. The extra couple of millimeter thickness works to keep the magnet away from the sensor, and the rubber doesn't slip. (I had this on hand already originally purchased from the dollar store) If I am going out I manually put it to sleep and insert the strip inside the case beside the glass - I originally didn't put it to sleep but it would turn the page on me! If I'm just staying home, I close it normally and place the strip on top of the case. Its nonslippiness helps not losing it.

I am guessing that the Aura would not have this problem because of the ridged back.
Still though its something to bear in mind. You may be right. I like it because the leather backing will give this less of the slip feel so many are talking about.

regards

Jack
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #156
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Be very careful to keep credit cards and hotel room key cards away from such strong magnets. They can damage code recorded on cards magnetic strip.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #157
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Be very careful to keep credit cards and hotel room key cards away from such strong magnets. They can damage code recorded on cards magnetic strip.
Thanks for the warning.......

Last edited by jackastor; 07-21-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #158
RadarReader
RadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipseRadarReader can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I found that the iPad Mini sleeves fit the Aura well.

I just got this one: http://amzn.com/B00B03ZFZQ

Fits the Aura perfectly width-wise, with about 3/4" to spare lengthwise. Like some others, I just wanted to something to protect the reader when transporting it...much prefer holding it without a case.
RadarReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #159
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Those soft sleeves will really only protect your device from scratches. This is ok with an iPad, as the gorilla glass is damn hard to break. An ereader is a different story; it is quite easy to break the glass substrate with twisting or bending. A rigid case is necessary to prevent that.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #160
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello, I've read this thread but there are so many links and pics that I already forgot if any of you got this:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/BOOK-LEATHER-...item1e7b232968
Book Leather Case Stand Case Cover Pouch (ebay)

or this
http://www.ebay.it/itm/SMART-PU-LEAT...item2ec90d640d
Smart Pu Leather Case Cover With Wake/Sleep Support (ebay)

Thoughts?

I'm not 100% sure these are for the Aura, the pictures don't show the top of the case and my aura's symbol is different*, anyone has tried one?
*by this I mean they're using the generic Kobo symbol while the aura has only the "kobo" text, so while I don't know if this is a difference between countries or models, I want to be sure it's not designed for a glo, for instance.

Last edited by glos; 07-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.
glos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #161
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Changed oversize graphic to an attachment.

I bought this leather sleep case for the Aura HD off eBay. Good fit, looks good, reasonably well made, and cost all of $12 with free postage...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231001527...84.m1497.l2649
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16FHJGIFFoZMuyFrBRv2SDhP2g~~60_58.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	108484  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-23-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #162
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
I bought this leather sleep case for the Aura HD off eBay. Good fit, looks good, reasonably well made, and cost all of $12 with free postage...

Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16FHJGIFFoZMuyFrBRv2SDhP2g~~60_58.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	108485
[Click to enlarge.]
It looks nice but why the cutout at the bottom. that sort of implies it was originally designed for another device.... the cut out makes no sense no button to push or access at all there.

regards

Jack

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-23-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Oversized graphic in quote modified.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #163
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Jack; maybe the cutout is there to show the LOGO of the device... The word KOBO seems to fit perfectly there....

PS: Observe how short my message is; no senseless quote of the original.......
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #164
jackastor
Wizard

Last edited by jackastor; 07-22-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #165
jackastor
Wizard

[QUOTE=Nick Payne;2575508]I bought this leather sleep case for the Aura HD off eBay. Good fit, looks good, reasonably well made, and cost all of $12 with free postage...

[Image exceeds guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Nick I am curious, overall how pleased are you on the wear and tear of the exterior of the cover? Does it Hold up well?

regards

Jack

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-22-2014 at 12:24 PM.