Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
"Tick" symbol inside battery icon

I've had my Touch plugged into my PC for awhile whilst transferring some books from Calibre then searching the Internet for others.

It was nearly fully charged when I plugged it in according to the battery icon.

Now I notice a Tick symbol inside the battey icon which I've never seen before.

Is this something new from Kobo on a recent update or has this always been there but I've not charged it up enough for it to display ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
As far as I know it's always been there. I've noticed in past firmware versions.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
novou
Pointed Pontification.
novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch (Black)
Tick as in check-mark?
Yeah, that's always been there; it means that the device really is 100% charged, not just 98% or somesuch.
novou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Thanks for that.

If you charge it via a wall outlet will the tick show then or only if you charge via USB ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
novou
Pointed Pontification.
novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch (Black)
I've seen it when charging from my computer on both the 'connected' screen and normal use while plugged in. As long as it's getting juice I doubt there's a difference.
novou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert