Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #181
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Staples' web site shows the 16GB Nexus 7 at $199 this morning. The 8GB version is also available "in stores only" for $199. The 32GB version, which I found on Friday on their web site for $249 (when the 16GB version was also $249) is now missing.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #182
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Alas, the price hasn't dropped in Canada yet, at least on the Web. (though I suppose it'll be down in time to get one for Christmas...)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #183
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Coming Soon at Google Play Store

Nexus 7
  • $199 -- 16GB -- WiFi
  • $249 -- 32GB -- WiFi
  • $299 -- 32GB -- WiFi + Mobile Data (unlocked)

Nexus 10
  • $399 -- 16GB -- WiFi
  • $499 -- 32GB -- WiFi

Nexus 4
  • $299 -- 8GB -- WiFi + Mobile Data (unlocked)
  • $349 -- 16GB -- WiFi + Mobile Data (unlocked)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #184
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Very nicely spec'd devices. The Nexus 10 finally dethrones the iPad 3 for the high-res crown.

The Nexus 7 32GB has already been seen in the wild in the UK: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tabl...on-sale-in-uk/

I think the 7 32GB with 3G might be my next toy.

Edit: Oddly, Google's own website hasn't been updated with details of the new devices.

32GB non-3G is available to order in UK: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/asus-go...81475-pdt.html

Last edited by murraypaul; 10-29-2012 at 01:44 PM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #185
bigtroutz
bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigtroutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle3, Nexus7
Staples had 3 units of the 32 GB Nexus 7 today for $249. All three sold soon after the store opened (one to me). Android 4.1.1 that updated as soon as it booted to 4.1.2
kernal 3.1.10-g009b6d1
model ME370T

Nice toy - still playing with mine this evening getting apps set up, etc.

Last edited by bigtroutz; 10-29-2012 at 09:15 PM.
bigtroutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #186
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Just got an advert/email from Chapters/Indigo. They have the 32 GB Nexus 7 for $269.99 and are taking pre-orders.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:46 AM   #187
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Coming Soon at Google Play Store

Nexus 7
  • $199 -- 16GB -- WiFi
  • $249 -- 32GB -- WiFi
  • $299 -- 32GB -- WiFi + Mobile Data (unlocked)

Nexus 10
  • $399 -- 16GB -- WiFi
  • $499 -- 32GB -- WiFi

Nexus 4
  • $299 -- 8GB -- WiFi + Mobile Data (unlocked)
  • $349 -- 16GB -- WiFi + Mobile Data (unlocked)
The only problem I have is with Nexus 4 they should have gone with 16gb and 32gb as I feel 8gb is to little specially for a device you don't have sd card slot on. But the prices are really good so people normally buying low end phones would be really tempted. I most probably will get that 16gb version if it comes here at those prices.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:51 AM   #188
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Apparently the 32 GB Nexus 7 will be $269 at Future Shop... but it just says with Wifi. They are releasing the 32 GB model with 3G capabilities in Canada as well right?
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:35 AM   #189
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The advertised price in Sweden in one shop for Nexus 4 (unclear what amount of memory) is $830 (5500 SEK). This is an absurd large price difference.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #190
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
The only problem I have is with Nexus 4 they should have gone with 16gb and 32gb as I feel 8gb is to little specially for a device you don't have sd card slot on.
I agree. Since the trend is to ditch mSD slots in favor of premium pricing for higher storage versions, they should start with at least 16GB. Anymore, 8GB is a joke.

If it was 16GB for $299 and 32GB for $349, I'd seriously consider it as a replacement for my Galaxy Player. As is, the price is a bit steep for the storage options.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #191
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Just picked up a Nexus 7 16GB in-stock at Walmart yesterday for $212, including tax. I'm doing an active comparison with my 1st-generation iPad during the 2-week return period to see if it's worth keeping. I've grown increasingly frustrated with the slowness of the iPad, frequent app crashes, and the weight and low resolution issues.

At first, I thought eye strain was going to be an issue with the smaller screen, but then I put the two tablets side-by-side and adjusted the font size on the Nexus to match the iPad's. Text is obviously sharper and clearer on the Nexus in the Overdrive app. So far, performance feels snappy.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #192
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I got a Nexus 7 (32GB) a couple of days ago. A great little toy. I'm currently using Mantano Reader as my epub reader of choice. I'll try out other reader apps when I have time.

I have an OTG USB cable on order from eBay. With that I expect to be able to plug in external drives, mainly to watch movies on USB sticks and micro cards. That will be a good work-around for not having a card slot on the device.

My favourite note taking app (ASUS Supernote) came pre-installed on my ASUS Transformer. It isn't officially available for other devices but I found a copy on the internet and installed that. It works fine, except it doesn't show the bottom row of controls.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #193
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
I have an OTG USB cable on order from eBay. With that I expect to be able to plug in external drives, mainly to watch movies on USB sticks and micro cards. That will be a good work-around for not having a card slot on the device.
I'm interested in using the OTG cable with an external DAC.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #194
adamlautner2012
adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adamlautner2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Ordered a Nexus 10 for my gf as xmas gift.
adamlautner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #195
uniphoresolution
uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uniphoresolution ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: st-6802
Enterprise Mobility

The 8GB is only available from Google. It will not be sold in B&M stores.
uniphoresolution is offline   Reply With Quote