Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ahhh - 100 chars, that explains why it *feels* intermittent, particular since I never hit this with older Sigil versions. Please do *significantly* raise this (and ideally stop adding the text immediately to the find history too ).

It is very frequent I just want to be able to select a bunch of html and then edit it down in the search box, particularly when you have the nested multiline spans/divs. For instance a book converted from html that has a navigation section up the top with fwd/back etc links that you want to rip the whole thing out. Using Ctrl+F on the selected text (as with pretty much any other text editor) to seed the search box is by far the fastest way, and doesn't have the awful side-effect of losing whatever you had in your clipboard buffer that the drag of copy/paste does.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #17
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Sorry to comeback on this one.

On Linux, due to new libraries, the former 0.5.3. version of Sigil does not work anymore and has been officially deprecated without any replacement . So, I use now the Sigil beta that I compiled some weeks ago.

However, I do not find where is the F&R memory. With the former version, it was in ~/.config/Strahinja Markovic but now? I do not see either any other Sigil.conf file.

Does somebody know?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
However, I do not find where is the F&R memory. With the former version, it was in ~/.config/Strahinja Markovic but now? I do not see either any other Sigil.conf file.

Does somebody know?
"~/.local/share/data/sigil-ebook/sigil" ??
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
"~/.local/share/data/sigil-ebook/sigil" ??
Indeed there is now a sigil.ini file which takes care, among other of the search and replace strings.

Thanks
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #20
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
I know this is an extremely old thread but I have the same problem in that my search and replace history is getting cluttered and I would like to clean it up.

I have searched my pc for a sigil.ini file but it appears there is not one.

I have clicked on Edit/Edit Paste from Clipboard History but there appears to be no way of deleting entries only pasting them.

So how do I do it?
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #21
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
I have searched my pc for a sigil.ini file but it appears there is not one.
Select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.

To prevent Sigil from saving clipboard entries select:

Edit > Preferences > General Settings > Number of clipboard history items to save > 0
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just note that setting the number of clipboard history items to zero does not limit (or stop) items from still being saved during THAT session of Sigil. It merely makes sure that no clipboard history items are saved between Sigil sessions. Meaning that once the last Sigil instance is closed, the next instance of Sigil opened will have a clean clipboard entries list. But anything added to the clipboard while Sigil is open will still accrue as always
Old 11-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

And yes... you absolutely have to have a Sigil.ini file on your computer or Sigil would not be able to function.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #24
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.

To prevent Sigil from saving clipboard entries select:

Edit > Preferences > General Settings > Number of clipboard history items to save > 0
Thanks, but I want to keep some saved entries between sessions - I just want to clear out the ones I no longer need.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:49 AM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Highlight and hit delete key in Clipboard Entries..
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #26
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
And yes... you absolutely have to have a Sigil.ini file on your computer or Sigil would not be able to function.
Could you tell me where to find it then?

I have looked in C:/Program Files/Sigil and it's not there.

I checked Users/App Data/ and there is no listing of Sigil in either Local, Local Low or Roaming.

I have looked in C:/Program Data and there is no Sigil there.

And I have done a search of my PC for Sigil.ini and all I get is Best Match see web results
Old 11-17-2020, 11:52 AM   #27
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Highlight and hit delete key in Clipboard Entries..
Tried that - does not work for me.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #28
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
1. Select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location (button in bottom left)

or

2. Press Win+R
Paste: %localappdata%\sigil-ebook\sigil
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #29
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Then try with backspace key or del key.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:04 PM   #30
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
1. Select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location (button in bottom left)

or

2. Press Win+R
Paste: %localappdata%\sigil-ebook\sigil

Thank you so much, I have found it now.

I've no idea why it does not show up in a search.