Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Question DecalGirl skins - how much of the bezel shows?

I (finally!) got my Sony Trade In ecoupon and am getting ready to place my order. I'm leaning toward the white PRS-T1.

I do intend to skin whichever color I get, but wonder if the black would look better skinned, if some of the bezel peeks out.

How close of a fit is the top layer? Would a lot of the white bezel show?
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
If you apply the skin perfectly, none of the bezel will show on the surface (the edges aren't covered. I was a little less than perfect when when I applied mine, and have approx 2cm long .5mm sliver of bezel visible.

It's not mentioned in the instructions, but I suggest that applying the skin should be a 2 person task; one person to hold the lenght out while the other aligns and applies it.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Hmm, I've applied skins to my iPhone and iPad without issue, but they are flat. Bits of white or red sticking out would probably bother me while reading, so I may go with the black as it will blend with the infrared edge.

Decision, decisions!

Thanks!
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
rmaks
rmaks has learned how to buy an e-book online

I strongly recommend the black one if you plan to use skin because "the black will blend with the infrared edge" for sure, any dark skin will look not that perfect on the white model. I have the white reader with the blue skin and it's ok but I wish I had the black one )
rmaks is offline   Reply With Quote