Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #166
Marcial
Marcial began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Hello everyone,
i'm new to the forum (and to my kobo touch) and I'm a bit lost. I'm trying to follow this thread, because I like alternative things: I haven't registered my kobo and I've enabled the wi-fi following a receipt found about fnac kobos, because I like being free. I'm interested in this plugins, but I'm not quite sure how to install them. Things change quickly and I don't know if I have to install Qt libraries, something else, or everything is in the file provided. I'm not sure about how to install translations either. I think some clear and simple instructions on how to install would be much appreciated (maybe not only by me).
Thanks anyway for what you are doing.
Marcial
Marcial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #167
quek1982
quek1982 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
how to install
https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/wiki/Kobo-Tweaks
quek1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #168
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
This plug in is great, but it's a shame it doesn't work with SD cards.
It loads fine if I remove my SD card, but most of my books are on an SD card, so I can't do without it.

Do you think you will be able to fix that issue?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #169
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
Rebooting with the SD card removed and then reinserting it shouldn't be toooo hard in the meantime I hope?

Alternatively, keep your Kobo in "Sleep" mode with no poweroff. My charge lasts about two weeks, and that's with a daily Wifi sync for my newspaper fix every morning.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #170
MrBook69
MrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
An other feature I'll like is new tape area choice :
half screen bottom to next page
half screen top to previous page
and small menu area at the top center instead of bottom center

And why not THE button to next page instead of home.

Last edited by MrBook69; 03-13-2012 at 08:28 AM.
MrBook69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #171
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another thing that would be nice - being able to remove items from the reading menu, for example "translate". The English-German dictionary is totally useless and it happens that I hit translate instead of definition - which is really annoying.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #172
Geeky
Enthusiast
Geeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: none
Do I need the .16 firmware installed? Or will Kobo-Tweaks work with the .14 firmware as well. As of now I'm still reluctant to update, especially since my Kobo worked well over the last couple of weeks, without crashes etc..
Geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #173
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The tweaks require .16.....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #174
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Is it compatible with the news 1.9.17 firmware ?
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #175
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try it and see.....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #176
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

I just updated to 1.9.17, and had no problems with the plugin installed. It doesn't work at the moment but that's no surprise.

Edit: I updated the plugin to be compatible with the new version. I didn't test shelves a lot, but the rest should work. Upgrading from the old version requires nothing special, just install it as always.

Edit 2: Fixed sleep and shutdown. If you encounter any issues with 1.9.17 please let me know.

Last edited by ah-; 03-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #177
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Is there a link to the updated plugin?

Thanks.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #178
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Is there a link to the updated plugin?

Thanks.
It's in post #167.

How about updating the first post with a link to the plugin.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #179
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Latest version: https://github.com/downloads/ah-/kob...s-12-03-17.zip
Works with 1.9.17.

Last edited by volpo; 03-17-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Added info
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #180
Rainer Zenz
Groupie
Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch/Glo
General link:

https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/wiki/Kobo-Tweaks

Bookmark recommended
Rainer Zenz is offline   Reply With Quote