Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
damoose
damoose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Touch and Vox
Does Vox use WPA2 Enterprise?

Vox does not 'do' WPA2 Enterprise... Confirm or deny?

I thought I read that the Vox does not use WPA Enterprise someplace, but cannot seem to find a definative answer.

If it does not... is that a chip limitation or a s/w limitation?

Thanks. ;-)
damoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
None of the Kobo devices support WPA2 Enterprise. I have no idea why this is true.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Take a look at http://nickescobedo.com/222/connect-...reless-network or http://www.engin.umich.edu/caen/netw...s/android.html

See if either of those help
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
damoose
damoose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Touch and Vox
Thanks. I get those dialogs, but the Vox will not connect and eventually fails setting the connection to disabled. Based on the comment from taming, this is expected. Still I hope it's a software limitation reather than a limitation of the wifi chip in the Vox.
damoose is offline   Reply With Quote