Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #376
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
Hi,

I am trying -- yet again -- to consolidate my zillion tags. I really wish there was a graphical way to do this, a graphical tag manager.

Just like Lightroom assigns keywords to pictures: First assign a tag (target tag) to a spray-can. The cursor turns into a spray-can and from now on every tag that you click on, is renamed into the target tag (shift or alt-click takes the action back).

One could just pick up a tag from a small list of desired tags, mark other tags that should be merged, this is a very fast process. Existing tags can end up in multiple target tags.

I guess it is important that this "merge" is not committed before all is done, thus one would have to collect all mappings first and keep that intermediate state even between sessions and commit when the user is ready to map.

This would be great for all of us who dream of having a consolidated, cleaned-up, rather brief tag-list.

Thanxx for reading this, Mixx
In the Tag Browser: Right click: Rename (in your case: to an existing tag). They will merge
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #377
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks, theducks,

they will, but the process is *very* tedious. I am trying to deal with more than a thousand undesired tags, that's the reason for my "idea" below/above.

I am impressed with how fast that process is in Lightroom for photos. If we had something that worked (roughly) the way I described, I think I could consolidate my tag-hell.

Cheers, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 AM   #378
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
Thanks, theducks,

they will, but the process is *very* tedious. I am trying to deal with more than a thousand undesired tags, that's the reason for my "idea" below/above.

I am impressed with how fast that process is in Lightroom for photos. If we had something that worked (roughly) the way I described, I think I could consolidate my tag-hell.

Cheers, Mixx
That way is only if you want to replace the tags with a standard.
Just to get rid of some.. Piece of cake
1st' set the 'Alter Tag Browser' (at the bottom of the Tag Browser) to: Sort By Popularity. Now the list is shown by how many usage Hits each item has

Now, right click and pick your poison (from the upper part of the list)
Or choose: Manage Tags (further down) where you can multi-select and use the recycle button to the Left
Old 09-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #379
Peregrin
Peregrin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR650
Plugin for filtering profanity in epubs

I searched the forum and could find no reference to this so if it's already been discussed please direct me to the discussion.

Is it possible to have a batch profanity filter plugin to run on epub books? I have been using Sigil to modify the epubs individually, but it would be faster to be able to do it all at once. I'm certain it can be done, but I don't know how to do it myself.

Or is there another way to do this that anyone is aware of.
Peregrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #380
micster
Enthusiast
micster began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudalufi View Post
I am considering an OPDS client plugin for Calibre. You could have one Calibre connect to another - either to have a central large repositiory that is shared out, or for one user to share a library with another. You could also add book sites that support OPDS without petitioning to have them included in the "Get Books" menu.

I'm wondering if there is a demand for this besides myself?
YES PLEASE!

I'm not sure if this is what you mean exactly, but I want to download directly from various OPDS catalogs. There are hundreds out there. There is no point in waiting for the developers to add each source one-by-one to the "Get Books" list. Please let us specify our own OPDS URL's.

There are plenty of mobile e-readers that allow you to add your own list of OPDS catalogs to search, but I have yet to find a desktop solution.

It seems like such an obvious feature. Please make this happen!
micster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #381
lesen54321
Enthusiast
lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
Hello,

I would love it if it would even be a plugin for the kindle 3, which allows you to better search appoggiaturas words (category, genre) of the book, I have to enter my foot to almost always tedious, book by book.
lesen54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #382
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
Hi

I like a plugin or a addition to the program about author and all the books the have written they don't need to be in your book list just to see if the author has written any other books your are interested in.

Thanks for your time.
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #383
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vblars View Post
I like a plugin or a addition to the program about author and all the books the have written they don't need to be in your book list just to see if the author has written any other books your are interested in.
You might be able achieve what you want with the Import List plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #384
cirocco
cirocco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Fix author names plugin.

Hello
The idea in short: compare author names with a well known source and fix wrong ones.

I have now many duplicate authors with LN FN, and FN LN(my mistake during import, I noticed it after import), some with wrong "." placement and so on. The Find Duplicates plugin is very helpful in finding and fixing that, but it will not find one single wrong name and cannot fix names automatically.

For sure there are some good sources of author names on the internet (on wikipedia, Fantastic Fiction), I do not know which is best, could be used.

Last edited by cirocco; 09-12-2012 at 03:26 AM.
cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #385
bensheimer
bensheimer began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 3gs
Maybe I did not look far enough, but I would like to find a plugin for the following site: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/index.html

It has a lot of old covers and series information sorted by arthor.

Is there a plugin I have not found yet?

Thanks
James
bensheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #386
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensheimer View Post
Is there a plugin I have not found yet?
Yes there is. There is a sticky post at the top of the Plugins forum that has an Index of Plugins. Scroll down to the Metadata Source plugins and you will find it.

When in doubt glance up at the sticky posts at the top of the various calibre forums for possible answers. Unlike other forums, calibre's forums, for the most part, have nice concise posts filled with information.

Good Reading!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #387
bensheimer
bensheimer began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 3gs
I take back my last post - There is a plugin. I should have searched with a space between the names. Sorry for inconvienence.
bensheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #388
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I take back my last post - There is a plugin. I should have searched with a space between the names. Sorry for inconvienence.
Once your question has been answered it is too late to "take back" your post. Answering it was no inconvenience.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #389
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Many(all?) of the plugins in that index are available from
Preferences: Get Plugins to enhance Calibre (or it's translated equivalent )
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #390
meryvn
meryvn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I would love a plugin that automatically takes certain tags and maps them to others. Like what the Goodreads metadata download does but on already tagged books.
meryvn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development