Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #16
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by razmichael View Post
Glad it worked out. In general books added to Kobo will show up in the I'm Reading section automatically when first installed and then are removed after the next sync or manage - just as you discovered. Somewhere in the user guide it explains this. It is to let you see all newly added books rather than have them 'buried' with all the rest when first installed.

The database is not really that complicated and, since it is just a file, you can copy it and "play" with the copy to see how it is structured. You can also replace it with a backup very easily if you mess up. As I mentioned, I had a book that did not show up in Calibre (never did figure out why) but was in the database and showed in my app - this was how I removed it from I'm reading. Having said that, if your not comfortable with playing witht he database then best to just leave it alone!

Enjoy your winter island reading by the wood stove!
I will eventually try it! Can't resist a challenge! But just a question when I open the "Kobo" drive with finder, should I see that database file or is it a hidden system file ???

Because now all I see is ePub books files and a few folders: Digital editions, Desktop installers, Metadata.calibre ???

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Downloaded Firefox, installed that plugins, got it to run.

When I input your Phrase:

SELECT ContentID, Title FROM Content WHERE BookID is NULL AND ReadStatus=1;

it return an error message...

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #18
razmichael
razmichael doesn't litterrazmichael doesn't litter

Device: Kobo WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Downloaded Firefox, installed that plugins, got it to run.
When I input your Phrase:
SELECT ContentID, Title FROM Content WHERE BookID is NULL AND ReadStatus=1;
it return an error message...
Georges
The assumption is that the DB is the same in your updated non-wifi (1.8.3) and the wifi - something I cannot validate. It is a very basic SQL statement so if failing then the structure may be different. If your comfortable with SQL table design then try checking out the table structures - firstly is there a [content] table? Does it have the fields used in the query. Just look at the complete table with a SELECT * from Content; or use SQLite Manager to view the structure. After this you will need to ensure that the same values are being used to represent similar conditions (i.e. ReadStatus is set for 1 for I'M Reading). I'll try to get a copy of the latest DB for the original Kobo (I think a clean one is available through one of the sticky threads) and take a look but I cannot really validate any "real life" conditions. Can't say this enough - back up the database first.

Update:
Downloaded the 1.8 database and it seems to be identical. Here is what I would do - connect the Kobo for management and copy the koboreader.sqlite file (the database) locally on your computer for testing. Open up the firefox SQLite Manager and select 'Database - Connect' then connect to the local copy of the db. You should now have (in the left window) the list of 7 tables and other bits and pieces. Select the 'content' table and then you should be able to see the structure in the right window. Select the Execute SQL tab and enter SELECT * from content; and push Run SQL. This should show all the data in the content table.
Keep in ming the menu may be different as you are using a Mac. I'm assuming at this stage you are doing this as a interesting project rather than sorting out your original issue!

Here is screen shot of the I'm Reading section of this new database after I marked a few books http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Last edited by razmichael; 01-20-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Tested
razmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
Rizan
Rizan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I too am having a similar problem.After downloading some books yesterday, all the books in my KOBO now show up as 'NEW'. How can I get back the 'I'm Reading' and 'finished'?
Rizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
In Preferences | Import|Export | Sending books to devices check the setting for Metadata Management. Setting to Manual seems to ensure that statuses don't get changes.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #21
Rizan
Rizan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Sending books to device

Thank you Peter. It was on automatic
Rizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #22
lar3ry
Enthusiast
lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo WiFi and Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Now working with collections in Calibre to put the proper tags "Read" and I'm reading"
I know it's an old thread, but I have just found out that if I use Calibre and slect "Device", I can edit the collections (tags), and can indeed remove the "I'm Reading". Checking the Kobo, I found all the ones I edited marked as UNREAD.

Still, it would be nice if Kobo put that functionality into their reader.

Last edited by lar3ry; 07-19-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Removed spurious apostrophe
lar3ry is offline   Reply With Quote