Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Help! My ereader seems to have broken!

I was happily reading "Pamela" on my ereader this morning when it suddenly froze. I had just set a bookmark and tried to close the reader, but it wouldn't shut off. So I tried turning a page, it wouldn't budge.

Since then it's been frozen. I've left it for an hour. It's still showing the same page and won't switch off. I'm now trying the old "leave it on mains charge" trick.

Oh, and I've also tried poking the reset button, but that doesn't do anything either.

If anyone has any ideas about how to get my treasured reader working, I would welcome them with open, readerless, arms.

Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
You've got the two main ones - full AC mains charge, and poke the reset button 10 times.

I have had mine hang before, and eventually charging/reset/switch to standby just works again. It's very annoying, but only happened once or twice.
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thanks sony-fox, I just had a look at it and tried to turn it off - it responded! It's amazing how happy I am

It's now doing the "reader is starting up" thingy. Weeeeee....
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
505, frozen