Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 11-20-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
quantumskie
quantumskie began at the beginning.

Device: Clié TH-55/Librié
Ghosting on the librié

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a brand new Librié off the Internet and am pleased to say that I'm really very happy with the device.

I had however this minor hipcup and was wondering if anyone else experienced the same symptons. While I had been prepared for a bit of Ghosting of the text and images on the screen, I realised that after 2 days of use, the ghosting for some strange reason become more pronounced. Or rather, perhaps more accurately, the parts of the screen which had not been used to display any image at all started to get darker. This made the areas, like for instance the Librié startup screen logo, after it had been displayed and erased appear to be "whiter" than the rest of the screen.

Worried that it might be a defective screen, and wondering why it happens, I created an ebook with two pages one entirely black and the other entirely white and discovered to my relief that the screen upon displaying the two pages reverted back to it's original state.

Since I'm really new at this I was wondering if anyone else has had a similiar experience.
quantumskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 AM   #2
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
Hi, the ghosting is the natural property of E-ink, especially with 4 greyscale level mode.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
quantumskie
quantumskie began at the beginning.

Device: Clié TH-55/Librié
Oh okie. So ghosting doesn't just mean the remnants of the text after it is erases but also includes the darkening of the screen after using it for some time, is that correct?

Whew! I thought I had bought a lemon! hahaha! Thanks!
quantumskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I just received my Reader and it has the same ghosting "symptoms." Nothing to worry about.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yah, I've seen it some too -- it seems to happen when the screen's been idle a long time, and fade after some use.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote