Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #31
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Thanks for this... Still owe something in the tip jar for the chaos chronicles but still didn't get payed *grumbl*.

Keep up the good work. And I'm looking forward to more Chaos Chronicles...
Old 05-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #32
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Well, sorry for this mistake, you're right : I got it on Baen's Free Library ...
I'm at the 3rd chapter, and I already like what I read...
Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #33
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, cool. (Though I notice you did the eReader version without me. Just run it through the script?)

Incidentally, since eReader came out with v2.1, users of the iPhone and iPod Touch will need a special format of link to download it into directly into their devices. If you could add another link to the eReader file of all your books, using the prefix "ereader://" instead of "http://", that would let them pull it in from Mobile Safari.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #34
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Hey, cool. (Though I notice you did the eReader version without me. Just run it through the script?)

Incidentally, since eReader came out with v2.1, users of the iPhone and iPod Touch will need a special format of link to download it into directly into their devices. If you could add another link to the eReader file of all your books, using the prefix "ereader://" instead of "http://", that would let them pull it in from Mobile Safari.
Hi Robo! I definitely thought of you. But in this case, I had a volunteer who offered to take it straight from manuscript to all formats, with complete proofing. I could hardly turn that down, could I? As it turned out, eReader was her specialty, as she had written one of the early manuals on it.

Re the new version of eReader, let me get this straight: I don't need a different file or location, I just need a second link to the same file? I can do that. (Though it'll make an already crowded page even more crowded. Ah well.)

My wife has an iTouch, though I don't think she has eReader on it. Maybe we can install that, for testing purposes. Right now she has Stanza and the Amazon app.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:21 AM   #35
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Thanks, Jeff! I haven't started Eternity's End yet, but I can't tell you how ecstatic I was when I found Sunborn online. I have the first three Chaos Chronicles books in paperback, and they've regular rereads a few times a year since I first found them. To find not only that they were now ebooks on Baen, but that Sunborn was finally done and online as well was a huge treat. Dropped everything else I was reading or doing at the time & finished it within a few hours.

Contribution to the tip jar sent your way, and recommendations for the books spread around other forums. Again, thank you for putting these out there...and eagerly awaiting Bandicut's next adventure.....

Old 05-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #36
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
Thanks, Jeff! I haven't started Eternity's End yet, but I can't tell you how ecstatic I was when I found Sunborn online. I have the first three Chaos Chronicles books in paperback, and they've regular rereads a few times a year since I first found them. To find not only that they were now ebooks on Baen, but that Sunborn was finally done and online as well was a huge treat. Dropped everything else I was reading or doing at the time & finished it within a few hours.

Contribution to the tip jar sent your way, and recommendations for the books spread around other forums. Again, thank you for putting these out there...and eagerly awaiting Bandicut's next adventure.....

Wow! Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #37
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Re the new version of eReader, let me get this straight: I don't need a different file or location, I just need a second link to the same file? I can do that. (Though it'll make an already crowded page even more crowded. Ah well.)
Yeah, that's right. Apparently the Apple Terms of Service forbid eReader from doing something so simple as downloading the files directly from within itself, so instead it has to use a special kind of mobile URL in Mobile Safari so Safari knows to tell eReader to download the file.

So, in the name of keeping everything all nice and consistent on their device, Apple now requires that every single website offering eReader files for download add an extra link so that iPhones and iPod Touches can make the download.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #38
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Yeah, that's right. Apparently the Apple Terms of Service forbid eReader from doing something so simple as downloading the files directly from within itself, so instead it has to use a special kind of mobile URL in Mobile Safari so Safari knows to tell eReader to download the file.

So, in the name of keeping everything all nice and consistent on their device, Apple now requires that every single website offering eReader files for download add an extra link so that iPhones and iPod Touches can make the download.
How nice of them. Well, I'll try to get to it this week. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #39
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Thanks - downloaded and tip sent
I am also looking forward to the newly available books to complete my Starrigger eBook collection
I was a bit distracted for a while (new books in favorite series and not so much time for reading) but the night shift next week will hopefully let me catch up on a few of your books

Unfortunately I have way more eBooks on my CyBook than I cen read in even a week of night shift - well gotta pick and choose.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #40
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
Thanks - downloaded and tip sent
I am also looking forward to the newly available books to complete my Starrigger eBook collection
I was a bit distracted for a while (new books in favorite series and not so much time for reading) but the night shift next week will hopefully let me catch up on a few of your books

Unfortunately I have way more eBooks on my CyBook than I cen read in even a week of night shift - well gotta pick and choose.
I know what you mean, Joerg. Thanks for the follow-on tip.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 AM   #41
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

I've added the special links for downloading Eternity's End and Sunborn into the eReader app on the iThings (Touch and iPhone). Would someone with eReader on an iThing volunteer to test those for me, please?

If I understand correctly, you have to use Safari on the iThing, and when you click the links, it'll put the books automatically into eReader.

Oh--the links are at http://www.starrigger.net/Downloads.htm. I'll do the rest of the Chaos books once I know these two are working.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #42
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I don't know how I missed this thread , but thx ever so much downloaded and tip in jar
Old 05-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #43
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I don't know how I missed this thread , but thx ever so much downloaded and tip in jar
Thank you. That your beagle?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #44
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If my unread queue was only 100 I'd be delighted! 315 and counting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
I was so pleased and then... some 16 books from Baen (May WebScription plus several other 'had to haves'), a couple of freebies here and there, and then, yesterday, between your newest and Suvudu's Moorcock book, I'm now over 100.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #45
ChaosInc
Enthusiast
ChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: iPaq 3800 series
I think I am now about to drown in the books I want to read.

The pile keeps getting bigger, the kb's keep getting bigger...

But now that all Starrigger's books are done (proofread and formatted for publication at least, even if there is a problem with who has the rights on one,) maybe I can catch up on some reading.

Let me know if anyone finds any problems with the ebooks please. there shouldn't be any, but if there is, I can fix it.

Free books are hard to beat.
Closed Thread