Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #781
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
It has just occurred to me that since CM is international, you don't want an icon that is English-centric. Sorry 'bout that.

Yeah, I think that some graphical indicator like the cross or the bar should be enough (but how understandable is it? opinions?). But as I said, I suck at image manipulation (like getting the fancy gradients etc. right), which is why I asked for help... Anyway, thanks a lot for your idea and effort!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #782
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
So how about this instead?
Attached Images

jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #783
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Which one is "move" and which one is "copy" ?

I suggest that "move" only include a single page in its image.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #784
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Those are both move only. To have only a single page for move, would be easy to do.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #785
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Quote:
They ones that jangell2 attached are both "move" (up, and down). There are actually 4 different "copy" icons, and 4 different "move" ones (for each one, all combinations of up and down, and grayed out and normal).

The confusion stems from the fact that the "copy" and "move" icons both look almost identical, except that for the "move" one the page in the background is in a lighter color.

I actually kinda like the idea of simply having a single page for the move icon - i.e., simply removing the "back" page altogether.

@jangell2: while you're at it, and if you also agree with knc1's suggestion, would you mind creating the 4 move icons with just one page? That'd be awesome!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #786
jangell2
Addict

I can do that. Leave the original arrow and erase the 2nd or back page. Correct? I'm heading off to the gym but will work on it later today. And you want 4 icons, two pairs of an identical icon but one of the pairs is lighter? I.E. the move up would have two identical icons and but one is lighter.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #787
jangell2
Addict

I can make the lighter icons from the two you've uploaded, but if you were to upload the two lighter icons, we would be sure to have an exact color match to your original icons.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #788
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
I can do that. Leave the original arrow and erase the 2nd or back page. Correct? I'm heading off to the gym but will work on it later today. And you want 4 icons, two pairs of an identical icon but one of the pairs is lighter? I.E. the move up would have two identical icons and but one is lighter.
Quote:
I can make the lighter icons from the two you've uploaded, but if you were to upload the two lighter icons, we would be sure to have an exact color match to your original icons.
Yep, that'd be cool. BTW, I had uploaded all 4 "move" icons in this post - the task would simply be to remove the background page on all of them

So, happy workout! And then... we might well release 2.6.1 tonight
Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #789
jangell2
Addict

Here we go second page removed on all four.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #790
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.6.1

I'm happy to announce Version 2.6.1 of Collections Manager!
  • Thanks to jangell2's contribution, the "copy" and "move" icons are now more distinguishable.
  • Plus, there's another minor improvement that should make CM more intuitive to use: to see which collections an item is contained in, you can now also click on the collection count indicator shown at the right. (the previous behavior of long-clicking the item also continues to work)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot: after installing the new version of CM, please reboot your Kindle once (using Menu > Settings, Menu > Restart) . Otherwise, you may still see the old icons, even if you installed the new CM version. (No, I don't know why that happens )

Last edited by ixtab; 01-24-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 PM   #791
kjancaitis
kjancaitis began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite 2
Well, here is my experience on a registered Kindle PW2 with V2.61 of Collections Manager:

I installed the jailbreak, the KUAL prerequisites, and V2.61. Started up Collection Manager, created a collection called Fiction, and moved 1 book into it. The book was copied into the collection, but the title was greyed out.

Moved up one level to the top directory, and Fiction shows 1 book in it. Open up the Fiction collection in Collection Manager and it shows nothing in it, even though the count shows (1). The book title still shows up in the top directory, but the title is greyed out.

Closed collection Manager. Book does not show up on the home screen anymore. Fiction collection says it has 1 item, but when I open the collection it says "There are no items in this collection.

Connected my PW2 to my computer and verified that the mobi file is still there. Disconnected, and the PW2 still can't see it anywhere.

So far I'd have to say my "mileage" is negative.
kjancaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #792
ixtab
(offline)

Spoiler:

Quote:
I think I'm dumb
Or maybe just happy
I think I'm just happy...

@kjancaitis: almost all of the "problems" that you are describing seem to be related to you having moved the book, instead of copying it.

In fact, everything but the last symptom you described ("Fiction collection says it has 1 item, but when I open the collection it says 'There are no items in this collection.'") is totally expected behavior, and is exactly how CM is meant to behave.

That last symptom may, or may not, be related to FW 5.4.2 -- I can't tell from your post, because you didn't mention your firmware version.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #793
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtab: I can confirm that trying to nest collections very easily goes boom on FW 5.4.2.

Worked once w/ a single item, then tried to nest two items at once, CM's UI went kablooey. Exit CM, the collections item counts shows 2 items instead of 3 (both in CM & the framework), but neither CM nor the Framework sees anything in it. (I have CM set to only show collections, and I was nesting collections) [EDIT: same result even without CM set to only show collections].

A flat, untouched Calibre import seems fine, though (device registered, in airplane mode, and with 0 cloud collections [0 collections, period, actually]).

As a sidenote, and this may be a Kindle issue, unrelated to CM: collections appear in the 'Active Content' filter of the Homepage?

EDIT: Actually, even when it doesn't blow up in CM, the framework doesn't seem to like nested collections (item count inaccurate, but not 0, and doesn't show any actual content when opened).

EDIT²: Moving books (as well as collections) into a collection leads to the same result. Copying seems okay, since that's what the import does, and that works.

EDIT^3: Created a collection from the Kindle UI. Still appears in the 'Active Content' filter. CM doesn't see it, and 'Delete All Collections' doesn't affect it.

EDIT^4: Haven't managed to reproduce the broken CM UI thingy from my first test, though.

----

Long story short: copying works, moving (and thus nesting) doesn't .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_01_25T18_12_37+0100.png
Views:	973
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	118330  

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-25-2014 at 12:37 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #794
kjancaitis
kjancaitis began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite 2
@ixtab: Yes my PW2 is running 5.4.2. Sorry I forgot to mention it in my post. The move problem seem to the same as NiLuJe is reporting.

@NiLuJe: Thanks for all the detective work. I was about to try some of the same things with my PW2.
kjancaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #795
xsaper
xsaper began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Hi there.

First of all thanks to ixtab for the great app!

Now my question :-) Can anybody hint how to enforce book to be visible in collection only when imported from Calibre? I see book in both root of all books/collections and respective collection. I would see book in its collection only.

Basically if book has some collection assigned then I do not want to see it in books root.
xsaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks