Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Thumbs up Online storage... new kid on the block

I only found out about Copy this morning from someone's sig here, and have joined and done what was needed, signed up, and got 20Gb storage. Its a darned good deal. I've also tested it with my Calibre library storage (it was *so* fast, uploading everything!!) and find that it works beautifully with "open in.." It recognises iBooks, Marvin, Stanza, and Readmill which is actually all I have on board at the moment, and a few other apps I wouldnt want to pass my ebooks to.

If you struggle with the data limitations of Dropbox... which is very good... take a look at it, because, TBH, with only a few hours playing with it... I am very impressed. It works the same way... you get desktop and mobile apps (depending on platform of course) and whatever you drop into its folder, goes to storage. Sharing is easier IMO, but dedicated Dropboxers may not think so. The layout on the web or in the apps is much the same, and its very clear where everything is located. Everything is private, and you can share things either publicly or just by link, by file or by entire folder.

I find it easier to use than Sugarsync or Box, and where my Calibre library was concerned, orders of magnitude faster on both up and download.

Thus endeth the mini review. No screenshots because I don't know if I am allowed to post them. It will be taking the place of the others in my sig. Very Impressed, 4/5 stars simply because I never give 5 stars on anything! LOL

kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I like Copy but I wish it worked like SugarSync or Cubby where you can make a particular folder a "Copy" folder, rather than having to move my Calibre library folder inside the main Copy folder. My main Calibre library is over 15GBs; Mozy will have to re-index all of that the minute I move it elsewhere. I'm still thinking whether I want to do that.

In the meantime, I've been playing with Copy and, like you, I'm impressed. I love that they give you so much free space upfront and the option to get much more at no cost.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I like Copy but I wish it worked like SugarSync or Cubby where you can make a particular folder a "Copy" folder, rather than having to move my Calibre library folder inside the main Copy folder. My main Calibre library is over 15GBs; Mozy will have to re-index all of that the minute I move it elsewhere. I'm still thinking whether I want to do that.

In the meantime, I've been playing with Copy and, like you, I'm impressed. I love that they give you so much free space upfront and the option to get much more at no cost.
Is great, isnt it?

I'm not sure what you mean about moving the calibre library? That is, I keep mine inside my Dropbox folder at the moment, and have simply copied to the Copy folder, but will be redirecting Calibre to look there for its database. Don't you do this already? (I stopped using Mozy years ago, just do local backup and cloning now)

[edit] you mean you want to be able to define the Calibre folder as something to be backed up, like Sugarsync does? I dont use Cubby though I think I may have signed up at some point... I point Sugarsync at the folder inside Dropbox folder for a double, and I point Box.net at the same folder. You only need to have it inside one of them and point the others there. I like multiple redundancy

Last edited by kyteflyer; 07-15-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: sudden light shining on my misapprehensions
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Thank you. I am installing it now.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It looks like it's 'only' 15 Gbs of storage.

Am I missing where the other 5 is?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I like Copy but I wish it worked like SugarSync or Cubby where you can make a particular folder a "Copy" folder, rather than having to move my Calibre library folder inside the main Copy folder.
IIRC you can make a shortcut and put that in the Copy folder and it'll grab the files so you don't have to move anything.

EDIT: Here's what I had read on their suppot pages...
Quote:
Can I sync folders to Copy that are located outside of my Copy folder?

Zack White
posted this on Jun 03 11:49 am
Yes, you can sync folders that are outside of your Copy folder. This can be done easily by using either symbolic links or by using aliases (OS X) or shortcuts (Windows)

For symbolic links, you just need to create a link between the folder that you want to sync and your Copy folder. Copy will then follow the path in your link to the folder you want to sync.

If you need help creating symlinks, see this helpful article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226...dows-or-linux/

For aliases/shortcuts, you just need to make an alias/shortcut to the folder you want to sync and place that alias/shortcut into you Copy folder. Copy will then follow the path in your alias/shortcut to the folder you want to sync.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

It's 15GB when you sign up, but you get an extra 5 if you go through a referral link.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
You get an additional 5GB each time you refer someone who signs up.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's 15GB when you sign up, but you get an extra 5 if you go through a referral link.
You beat me... by nano seconds
Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just signed up and I'm currently downloading the application.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
You get an extra 5 GB for using the link provided by kyteflyer. Both of you get an extra 5 GB. https://copy.com?r=Ik7IH7 This is my link in case you want to give me an extra 5 GB.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
You get an extra 5 GB for using the link provided by kyteflyer. Both of you get an extra 5 GB. https://copy.com?r=Ik7IH7 This is my link in case you want to give me an extra 5 GB.
Apache
nevermind
Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
I signed up now and downloaded app on my Mac. Works like a charm.
I have seen it in other members' signatures here, and thought to explore it, but you starting the thread on it now made me make final decision.
Thank you
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
I have seen it in other members' signatures here,...
So that's where the links are. No wonder I couldn't see them.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Here's a review DoctorOhh posted a few months ago...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213338