Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #46
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolman View Post
I'm not good at hosting these files so if someone wants to put up the APK, I'll email it to them. Just PM me I guess, and give me the email address to send the file.
On behalf of cosmopolman (thank you for quick response) attached is some beta of Skype.
Change .txt to .apk. If using adb this is probably not necessary.
It installs, let you login and picks up your contacts properly.
While placing a call it tries to make a cell call first. That's probably how it was designed, but not what I expected: I hoped it works like PC client.
I guess as it is it's of a limited usage for PE users: one can chat at least.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Skype(BETA)_1.0.0.5.txt (561.5 KB, 420 views)
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #47
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, Cosmopolman!

Good to have you aboard! I think quite a few people are/would be interested in Skype. Nice of you to share! If we don't get the apk posted here, perhaps it could go on the Wiki Larka has put up for us at www.entourageedge.org. (I love typing that link -- makes me feel the eDGe is not dead after all!)

Edit: Thanks, ptsenter! Think I'll give that a try.

Last edited by Filark; 06-09-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #48
cosmopolman
cosmopolman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
I keep having trouble synching Google accounts, since I never completed the full "system" backup restore process for all the apps and my Market still doesn't work. But, I found a great workaround:
install ShutUpBatterySaver app which toggles Auto Synch on a period you set. Every time it toggles back on, this forces a full synch for all accounts, including Google. Voila. Polling sync!
cosmopolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #49
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolman View Post
I keep having trouble synching Google accounts, since I never completed the full "system" backup restore process for all the apps and my Market still doesn't work. But, I found a great workaround:
install ShutUpBatterySaver app which toggles Auto Synch on a period you set. Every time it toggles back on, this forces a full synch for all accounts, including Google. Voila. Polling sync!
Good to know, thanks for posting, maybe sometime we can integrate this feature into an update or something so people don't need to install an app just for this.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #50
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
just to let you know that I managed to brick my pe editing the build.prop
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #51
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
just to let you know that I managed to brick my pe editing the build.prop
That's why I and others really only recommend doing so if there is no other option... hopefully you or someone else will find a way to unbrick ypur pe...
Old 06-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #52
oldredfox
oldredfox began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I used Titanium backup to move the same 9 apps that were in Emusan's gapp package off my 2.2 phone and over to my PE(didn't need to edit build.prop). Market up and running now =)

After messing around with it some more, it overall is pretty good this way. A few apps aren't visible to install (facebook- claims compatibility issue with unknown device) and Angry birds won't install via market. But most apps seem to install fine via it. I could probably edit the device ID to increase compatibility, but from what I've seen on other posts, that could cause issues down the line.

Last edited by oldredfox; 06-16-2011 at 08:35 PM.
oldredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #53
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I just wish I would have not edited my build.prop
was a bad idea and still have a half bricked device that does not want to revert to dingo or update to ermine!!
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #54
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
That sucks, vicinc. Like I said, I have no idea how editing the build.prop bricked your entire device. I've done it a million times, and it's usually a relatively safe procedure.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #55
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Does anyone know if the market is still available only in the US or have they opened it to the world?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #56
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
A help article for app developers says, "For each country that you wish sell your app in...."

There's info about converting prices to different currencies (and how developers can override that), and stuff like that. So, sounds like it.

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #57
edgewise
edgewise began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Is there a way to reverse the process of installing the market. I was OK with froyo mail and the amazon app store. Tempted by the possibility of Gtalk on Edge, I did the whole process suggested by emusan. Now everytime I turn the thing on I get a Gtalk authentication fail notification. So I was wondering how could I go back to the earlier situation without having to reformat the whole device.
edgewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #58
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewise View Post
Is there a way to reverse the process of installing the market. I was OK with froyo mail and the amazon app store. Tempted by the possibility of Gtalk on Edge, I did the whole process suggested by emusan. Now everytime I turn the thing on I get a Gtalk authentication fail notification. So I was wondering how could I go back to the earlier situation without having to reformat the whole device.
I think that there should be an option to uninstall them from within Titanium Backup as well as delete the data. But even if you have them installed they shouldn't have an effect on the old applications(if you want to you could even just uninstall Talk and use the other applications like youtube)...
Old 06-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #59
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I get that error too, but my Gmail works, so I'm happy to put up with it. I guess if I uninstalled Market it would go away, but I like to look for things in Market, then go after them through other sources or the emulator.

I've stopped looking for perfection. Now I just try to moderate the level of SUCK.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #60
Griffintard
Griffintard began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
bypass start screen

Hey Emsusan, have you tried bypassing the start screen when you first start up your virtual rom to get the items off of it before they are related with an account....

here is what I mean... here

maybe you can extract them after this is done so it isn't tied to an account. I would try it, but it you already have the virtual rom stuff setup if you could and let us know.

Thanks
Griffintard is offline   Reply With Quote