Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 11:29 PM   #1
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Changing font family on PDF

I've just published an epub. I decided to spare myself from the custom font obstacle course, because I believe users are allowed to select from several fonts in the finished epub, anyway, right? (I decided Georgia would be a good font, and I see that Kindle offers that choice.)

However, I used Calibre to convert my plain-vanilla epub to a PDF and suddenly realized that I'm stuck with an ordinary font (probably Times New Roman).

Is there an easy way to change the serif-fonts in a PDF file to a custom font (Georgia, in this case)?

Or would it be better to go back to square one and insert Georgia in my epub, THEN convert it to a PDF? If that's the case, I might try to find someone on a website like Fiverr who I can hire to do the job for me.

Thank you.
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:06 AM   #2
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
I've just published an epub. I decided to spare myself from the custom font obstacle course, because I believe users are allowed to select from several fonts in the finished epub, anyway, right? (I decided Georgia would be a good font, and I see that Kindle offers that choice.)

However, I used Calibre to convert my plain-vanilla epub to a PDF and suddenly realized that I'm stuck with an ordinary font (probably Times New Roman).

Is there an easy way to change the serif-fonts in a PDF file to a custom font (Georgia, in this case)?

Or would it be better to go back to square one and insert Georgia in my epub, THEN convert it to a PDF? If that's the case, I might try to find someone on a website like Fiverr who I can hire to do the job for me.

Thank you.
You'll want to go back to your epub. PDF files place the position of every single text character in the file, so changing the font will result in the spacing of the letters not being right unless you convert the PDF to some other format first (e.g. load it into MS Word). You will not like the result.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Thanks.
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, georgia