Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
marcsec
marcsec
marcsec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Enchanted Castle (Shioni of Sheba #1)

Dear fellow reader,

I invite you to experience the myth and magic of ancient Sheba in this unique African fantasy adventure for young teens, which includes original illustrations by the Ethiopian artist Senait.

Shioni of Sheba: The Enchanted Castle is the first book in the Shioni of Sheba series. It is available on promotion at Smashwords this week, until 9th March, for only $0.99.

Also available at Amazon (.com, .co.uk), Kobo and Barnes & Noble stores.

Description
When Shioni, slave to the Princess of West Sheba, travels to the legendary Simien Mountains, the ancient heartland of Ethiopia, she encounters adventure beyond her wildest dreams. The King has decided to repair an ancient fortress called Castle Asmat, to use as a base against the murderous Wasabi warriors who have been troubling the Kingdom of Sheba. But little does he imagine the powerful forces lurking in the jagged volcanic wilderness; forces that could tear his kingdom apart.

Kalcha, the Wasabi leader, has prepared a deadly trap for the Shebans, an evil sorcery rooted within the castle itself. She is massing her warriors and her giant hyenas, intent on annihilating all who stand in her path.

As the Wasabi attack it is left to Shioni, a lowly slave-girl, to show the way with courage and the conviction of her heart. She must battle a gigantic python, bait a lion in his lair, and outwit the treacherous Captain Dabir. With the help of her friends Mama Nomuula, Princess Annakiya, and the fiuri Azurelle, Shioni must uncover the hidden secrets of the Enchanted Castle before Kalcha destroys them all.

I hope you enjoy reading it!
Marc
marcsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Looks good. I purchased it but you should note that the coupon makes the price $1.00, not $0.99.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
marcsec
marcsec

Rhadin, first off thank you for your purchase, I hope you enjoy reading it! And thank you for pointing out the pricing, it matters to me even if only a cent (or half a cent) is involved.

I'll update my announcement and drop Smashwords a note. The promotional sign-up page definitely notes $1.99 at 50% off = $0.99 for their promotion. I did wonder about the rounding down on that page... now I know!

Much appreciated!

Last edited by marcsec; 03-04-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
marcsec
marcsec

Just to let folks know that you can find the online home of the Shioni of Sheba serieshere.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
marcsec
marcsec

Goodreads Giveaway on Shioni of Sheba

I'm giving away 5 author-signed copies of The Enchanted Castle on Goodreads. Sign up for your chance to win!

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...chanted-castle
Old 09-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
marcsec
marcsec

The Enchanted Castle (Shioni of Sheba #1)

*FREE at Amazon this weekend!*

Shioni of Sheba: The Enchanted Castle is the first book in a unique African fantasy series set in the ancient Kingdom of Sheba, for middle grades/secondary age readers.

A king bent on conquest.
A murderous warrior tribe.
And the slave-girl who dares to stand between them!

"A cracking story which catches the imagination..." "I was enthralled, each character came alive off the page”

When Shioni, slave to the Princess of Sheba, travels to the legendary Simien Mountains of Ethiopia, she encounters adventure beyond her wildest dreams. Little does she imagine the powerful forces lurking in this jagged volcanic wilderness; forces that could tear the Kingdom of Sheba apart.

Kalcha, the Wasabi leader, has prepared a deadly trap, an evil sorcery rooted within the castle the King has chosen for his fortress. Kalcha is massing her warriors and her giant hyenas, intent on annihilating the Sheban forces.

As the Wasabi attack it is left to Shioni to show the way with courage and the conviction of her heart. Can she overcome the wrath of a lion, outwit the treacherous Captain Dabir, and defuse General Getu’s inexplicable hatred? With the help of her friends Mama Nomuula, Princess Annakiya, and the fiuri Azurelle, Shioni must uncover the hidden secrets of the Enchanted Castle before Kalcha destroys all she holds dear.

Experience the myth and magic of ancient Sheba in this truly African adventure. Includes original illustrations by the Ethiopian artist Senait.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #7
marcsec
marcsec

FREE this weekend: African Historical fiction

Shioni of Sheba #1: The Enchanted Castle is FREE this weekend 3rd and 4th of May on Amazon Kindle.