Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
PatGIV
Connoisseur
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & 2 ea. of T2
Possible?

Is it possible to install the Kindle app on the T2? Reason for asking is I recently discovered that I could install the same app on my phone, laptop, and desktop computer and none of the devices had ever had the app installed. After installation, could read ANY Kindle title with ease. So the question.
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
yes, but you'll probably have to use an old version of the app

I had the Kindle app on my T1 way back when, so it is certainly not impossible
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2020, 01:12 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I am skeptical. Amazon regularly update their apps and older ones stop working, so even if you find a t1, t2 era app....
Plus it's non trivial to sideload an app to a e reader
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:40 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
As stumped said, there's a chance that a Kindle app that would work with a T2 would not work with Amazon as it will have to be an old app as it's a rather old version of Android. It's based on Android 2.2. Yes, it's that old.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-07-2020 at 04:16 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:02 PM   #5
PatGIV
Connoisseur
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & 2 ea. of T2
Thanks all for the replies. Very educational and informing.
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert