Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 02:16 AM   #1
Aishwary
Aishwary began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10
Unhappy How to add an eBook to Kindle over email with page numbers and all the metadata?

Hello everyone, I've got Kindle Paperwhite 10 (2018) and I want to add eBooks to the device via email. I've been using Mobi format but the page numbers get lost while conversion/transfer. I've tried to convert the file to KVF but when I tried to copy it via email, It doesn't get synced.

I don't like the Location and rather prefer Page number. Also, I don't want to sync the KVF file via USB as it won't get synced over the cloud.

What should I do to Sync the books via Kindle eMail 'With Page Number' (doesn't need to be exact) and all the metadata included (Thumbnail, Author details etc.)?
Aishwary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:27 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You can't have both. Either transfer the book via USB with page numbers intact and lose the syncing over devices, or send it via email and you'll get the syncing, but no page numbers.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2019, 07:05 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You can't have both. Either transfer the book via USB with page numbers intact and lose the syncing over devices, or send it via email and you'll get the syncing, but no page numbers.
or buy the amazon version, which will provide both . Wanting all the special amazon features without wanting to pay for them is ...

Last edited by stumped; 08-27-2019 at 07:08 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote