Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #286
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hqle26 View Post
I have the same issue, the book can only be downloaded on Kindle 1.26 version, but cannot be DeDRMed on calibre. Any working solution yet?
Not that I am aware of. And based on the lack of activity in Apprentice Harper’s DeDRM GitHub I don’t expect anything to change in the foreseeable future.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #287
TrustedOak
TrustedOak began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I've looked around but I haven't seen this issue yet. Can someone explain to me what the error message "Exception 'Unexpected style definition: box-shadow: 4px 3px " means? I can't get a conversion to complete despite checking the box to ignore errors. I've looked around and I can't find what this particular error means and how to fix it.
TrustedOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #288
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedOak View Post
I've looked around but I haven't seen this issue yet. Can someone explain to me what the error message "Exception 'Unexpected style definition: box-shadow: 4px 3px " means? I can't get a conversion to complete despite checking the box to ignore errors. I've looked around and I can't find what this particular error means and how to fix it.
That error indicates there is unexpected content in that book. The plugin only supports KFX features that I have seen in the books I used for testing.

I will need more information to be able to fix this problem. The 10-character Amazon identifier (ASIN) of the book and the full conversion log would be very helpful.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #289
TrustedOak

Title: Beyond Behaviors
ASIN: B07T4H92H7

Conversion Log:
calibre, version 3.48.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Beyond Behaviors: Using Brain Science and Compassion to Understand and Solve Children's Behavioral Challenges</b><br><br>Exception(u'Unexpected style definition: box-shadow: 4px 3px #b4b6b8\nUnexpected style definition: box-shadow: 4px 3px #b4b6b8\nUnexpected style definition: box-shadow: 4px 3px #b4b6b8',)</p>

I am able to convert other books of mine that are about the same publishing date that I bought but this one just wont convert. I really appreciate you looking at this for me.

Last edited by TrustedOak; 09-17-2019 at 09:33 PM. Reason: bad formatting and clarity
Old 09-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #290
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedOak View Post
Title: Beyond Behaviors
ASIN: B07T4H92H7
I was able to duplicate the problem. This should fix it:

Version 1.19.0 - 18 Sep 2019

Support additional KFX feature. (Fixes "Unexpected style definition: box-shadow:...")
Advert
Old 09-18-2019, 10:31 PM   #291
TrustedOak

Perfect!. Thank you for your help.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #292
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.20.0 - 21 Sep 2019

Support new KFX local symbol format. (Fixes "$538 has extra data: (max_id: ...)")
Old 09-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #293
ndas.adriana
ndas.adriana began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Hello. I'd like to thank you for developing this kfx plugin. I like the multi page view of my books and magazines. However, I'm having a problem when converting some of my files. Would you please check it? thanks in advance.
Spoiler:

platform: Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0, architecture: ('32bit', 'WindowsPE'), locale: cp1252
program_path: C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3
cwd: C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\lib\fc
argv:
C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\lib\fc\jre\bin\java.exe
-Dfile.encoding=UTF8
-cp
lib/*
com.amazon.kfxconverter.app.KFXGenApp
LWxpYkRpcg== (base64) --> -libDir
Lg== (base64) --> .
LXRtcERpcg== (base64) --> -tmpDir
QzpcVXNlcnNcVUZBTFxBcHBEYXRhXExvY2FsXFRlbXBcY2FsaW JyZV92aGpubDdceXVnMHFuXHR1czk1cWRlM2RrbHVhNTk0bzEy XDAwMDBcY29udl9yZXNvdXJjZXM= (base64) --> C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_vhjnl7\yu g0qn\tus95qde3dklua594o12\0000\conv_resources
LW91dERpcg== (base64) --> -outDir
QzpcVXNlcnNcVUZBTFxBcHBEYXRhXExvY2FsXFRlbXBcY2FsaW JyZV92aGpubDdceXVnMHFuXHR1czk1cWRlM2RrbHVhNTk0bzEy XDAwMDBcY29udl9yZXNvdXJjZXM= (base64) --> C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_vhjnl7\yu g0qn\tus95qde3dklua594o12\0000\conv_resources
LWlucHV0RmlsZQ== (base64) --> -inputFile
QzpcVXNlcnNcVUZBTFxBcHBEYXRhXExvY2FsXFRlbXBcY2FsaW JyZV92aGpubDdceXVnMHFuXHR1czk1cWRlM2RrbHVhNTk0bzEy XGt2aXh6bC5lcHVi (base64) --> C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_vhjnl7\yu g0qn\tus95qde3dklua594o12\kvixzl.epub
LWxvY2FsZQ== (base64) --> -locale
ZW4= (base64) --> en
LWFtem5jcmVhdG9y (base64) --> -amzncreator
IktpbmRsZSBQcmV2aWV3ZXIgMyAzLjMwLjAi (base64) --> "Kindle Previewer 3 3.30.0"
LWRlYnVn (base64) --> -debug
LXJ1bi1jb252ZXJzaW9uLWZvci15amNvYWNo (base64) --> -run-conversion-for-yjcoach
LWFsbG93WUpDb252ZXJzaW9uRm9yQ04= (base64) --> -allowYJConversionForCN
LWFsbG93WUpDb252ZXJzaW9uRm9yRkw= (base64) --> -allowYJConversionForFL
--is-base64-encoded
environment:
JAVA_HOME = C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\lib\fc\jre
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS = -Dlog4j.configuration=file:C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Lo cal\Temp\calibre_vhjnl7\yug0qn\tus95qde3dklua594o1 2\log4j.properties
Path = ./lib;./jre/bin;./bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\J ava\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WIN DOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowe rShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users \UFAL\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scrip ts\;C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Py thon36\;C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Wind owsApps
SystemDrive = C:
SystemRoot = C:\WINDOWS
TEMP = C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP = C:\Users\UFAL\AppData\Local\Temp
USERPROFILE = C:\Users\UFAL
windir = C:\WINDOWS

Python function terminated unexpectedly
{"det_msg": "", "title": "KFX conversion failed", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert Awake!, No. 5 2016</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00403: \"TagName= h3 Display= run-in ParentNode= div has the style inline-block. This specific combination of inline-block with the tag is not supported.\";", "level": "error"} (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 101, in main
File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 200, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 42, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 27, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1274, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 210, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 288, in convert_using_previewer
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 333, in report_failure
calibre.ebooks.conversion.ConversionUserFeedBack: {"det_msg": "", "title": "KFX conversion failed", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert Awake!, No. 5 2016</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00403: \"TagName= h3 Display= run-in ParentNode= div has the style inline-block. This specific combination of inline-block with the tag is not supported.\";", "level": "error"}

Last edited by theducks; 09-30-2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Please use SPOILER for logs
ndas.adriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #294
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndas.adriana View Post
Hello. I'd like to thank you for developing this kfx plugin. I like the multi page view of my books and magazines. However, I'm having a problem when converting some of my files. Would you please check it? thanks in advance.
Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00403: \"TagName= h3 Display= run-in ParentNode= div has the style inline-block. This specific combination of inline-block with the tag is not supported.
That error is from the KFX Output plugin. The book could not be converted because it contains formatting that is incompatible with KFX. You will need to edit the book if you want to fix this. It will require knowledge of HTML/CSS and the calibre editor.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #295
ndas.adriana
ndas.adriana began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Hello. Thank you for the help. I have very little knowledge of css and the calibre editor, but I'll give it a try anyway.
ndas.adriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #296
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
Question problems with alignment

good morning, I want to thank you for creating this wonderful plugin, I think my question is in the output forum but I couldn't find it.
For a few days all the books that I convert, from mobi or azw3 or azw to kfx, leave without justification, despite the fact that I justify the caliber conversion options.
when I open it in the kindle it has the left alignment and I can't change it.
What I can do? it happens to me with all the books.

thanks
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:21 AM   #297
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess kindle View Post
when I open it in the kindle it has the left alignment and I can't change it.
What I can do? it happens to me with all the books.
Check that you have not set the kindle to display with ragged right margins instead of justified in the Alignment setting in the Page tab of the Aa menu. I can’t think of anything else that could cause that.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #298
juman
juman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I'm trying to use this wonderful plugin but running into an issue with one of my books using Calibre 4.0 + KFX Input 1.20.0. Running it I get :

calibre, version 4.0.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert War and Peace (Annotated) with A Year of War and Peace</b><br><br>Exception(u'story UhMcMoeIQ86YEI4CEM4i7w210 style_event first and last have different parents: offset 0 len 2: &lt;div&gt;&lt;span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;"&gt;&amp;#8220;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href="anchor:LYtBXgu4SmCW8pNXbyzc3g16146" style="-kfx-link-color: blue; -kfx-style-name: 16021; -kfx-visited-color: blue; font-size: 1rem; text-decoration: underline;"&gt;&lt;span&gt;I&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;t is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of misery, and woes,&amp;#160;and troubles; and yet when King Laugh come he make them all dance to the tune he play&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;"&gt;.&amp;#8221;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;',)</p>

Anything else I can contribute with to help sorting this out?
juman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:31 PM   #299
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juman View Post
I'm trying to use this wonderful plugin but running into an issue with one of my books using Calibre 4.0 + KFX Input 1.20.0. Running it I get :

calibre, version 4.0.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert War and Peace (Annotated) with A Year of War and Peace</b><br><br>Exception(u'story UhMcMoeIQ86YEI4CEM4i7w210 style_event first and last have different parents: offset 0 len 2: &lt;div&gt;&lt;span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;"&gt;&amp;#8220;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href="anchor:LYtBXgu4SmCW8pNXbyzc3g16146" style="-kfx-link-color: blue; -kfx-style-name: 16021; -kfx-visited-color: blue; font-size: 1rem; text-decoration: underline;"&gt;&lt;span&gt;I&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;t is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of misery, and woes,&amp;#160;and troubles; and yet when King Laugh come he make them all dance to the tune he play&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;"&gt;.&amp;#8221;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;',)</p>

Anything else I can contribute with to help sorting this out?
I am unable to duplicate this problem. The full conversion log would be helpful.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #300
juman
juman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I am unable to duplicate this problem. The full conversion log would be helpful.
Is this what you need? Or let me know if there is something else I should generate?

Spoiler:
Convert book 1 of 1 (War and Peace (Annotated) with A Year of War and Peace)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
cover: u'C:\\Users\\fredr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ bbpbgf\\ad4w9j.jpeg'
read_metadata_from_opf: u'C:\\Users\\fredr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ bbpbgf\\_bogwo.opf'
verbose: 2
output_profile: u'generic_eink'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 4.0.0
{'allow_conversion_with_errors': False,
'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\Users\\fredr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ bbpbgf\\ad4w9j.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'epub_flatten': False,
'epub_inline_toc': False,
'epub_toc_at_end': False,
'epub_version': u'2',
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x0000026D3D7AA0C8>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.GenericEink object at 0x0000026D3D7AACC8>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\fredr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ bbpbgf\\_bogwo.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: KFX Input running
on C:\Users\fredr\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_bbpbgf\o nefca.kfx
Software versions: KFX Input 1.20.0, calibre 4.0 [64bit], Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0
KFX Input plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290
Converting C:\Users\fredr\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_bbpbgf\o nefca.kfx
Processing container: C:\Users\fredr\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_bbpbgf\o nefca.kfx
kfxgen version: 7.191.1.0
Features: CanonicalFormat-2, kfxgen.pidMapWithOffset-1, kfxgen.textBlock-1, max_id-761, reflow-section-size-254, reflow-style-2
Metadata: ASIN=B07KPZYJ7Y, asset_id=CR!Y7VP6HXQD14H19K0RP4Q0W0215FX, author="Denton, Brian", author="Tolstoy, Leo", book_id=p8XysltnSu2GLJL9gtHzng1, cde_content_type=EBOK, content_id=B07KPZYJ7Y, cover_image=1203x1920, creator_version=1.9.52.0, file_creator=KC, is_sample=False, issue_date=2018-11-19, language=en, publisher=, reading_orders=1, selection=enabled, title="War and Peace (Annotated) with A Year of War and Peace"
Converting book to EPUB 2
Book symbol format is base64
ERROR: story UhMcMoeIQ86YEI4CEM4i7w210 style_event first and last have different parents: offset 0 len 2: <div><span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;">“</span><a href="anchor:LYtBXgu4SmCW8pNXbyzc3g16146" style="-kfx-link-color: blue; -kfx-style-name: 16021; -kfx-visited-color: blue; font-size: 1rem; text-decoration: underline;"><span>I</span><span>t is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of misery, and woes,*and troubles; and yet when King Laugh come he make them all dance to the tune he play</span></a><span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;">.”</span></div>
first: <span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;">“</span>
last: <span>I</span>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 100, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 198, in convert_from_kfx
Exception: story UhMcMoeIQ86YEI4CEM4i7w210 style_event first and last have different parents: offset 0 len 2: <div><span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;">“</span><a href="anchor:LYtBXgu4SmCW8pNXbyzc3g16146" style="-kfx-link-color: blue; -kfx-style-name: 16021; -kfx-visited-color: blue; font-size: 1rem; text-decoration: underline;"><span>I</span><span>t is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of misery, and woes,*and troubles; and yet when King Laugh come he make them all dance to the tune he play</span></a><span style="-kfx-style-name: 16013; font-size: 1rem;">.”</span></div>
P

Last edited by theducks; 10-07-2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: changed to spoiler for compactness
juman is offline   Reply With Quote