Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #16
increase
Connoisseur
increase began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Creating message popups in epub

I also want to create popup epub message as shown in my attachment.

I created javascript popup on click message, but when I click the link, the popup flashes then disappears?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	popup_issue.png
Views:	138
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	176851  
increase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #17
increase
Connoisseur

This is exactly what I want to do

Any suggestions please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	popup_issue.png
Views:	152
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	176852  
Advert
Old 02-02-2020, 02:10 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think this is an EPUB3 question. I will leave it here for now.
PM me if you would like it moved to the EPUB forum.

BTW does your Kindle even support this action?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #19
increase
Connoisseur

Yes please can you transfer to epub, I don't have kindle to check, so I was checking the Sigil epub on and android
Old 02-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved from Sigil
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #21
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by increase View Post
I also want to create popup epub message as shown in my attachment.
If this book is intended for your Kindle, you don't need to embed Javascript code, because current Kindle models (6th Generation Kindle Paperwhite or better), will automatically display linked content as popup footnotes as long as the footnote has a valid backlink.

For more information on footnotes, see this post by Tex2002ans.

Some epub3 apps will also automatically display popup footnotes. Note that iBooks/Apple Books is rather picky when it comes to the popup footnote syntax in epub3 books.

BTW, KOReader will automatically display in page footnotes in epub2 books at the bottom of a page, if the footnote has a special class attribute (footnote, note or note1) and the in page footnotes option is enabled.

I.e., you might want to investigate the feasibility of using footnotes instead of Javascript code.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Yes please can you transfer to epub, I don't have kindle to check, so I was checking the Sigil epub on and android
When you say android please keep in mind that there are many Epub reading programs for Android, and they all work differently.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:21 AM   #23
increase
Connoisseur

Finally got it working using this excellent post [QUOTE=fxp33;2702762]Hi Leonatus, and the example epub file Many thanks to him!
Old 02-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #24
increase
Connoisseur

Groan, The popups work great, but I have 2 errors when I run kdpvalidator in Sigil

1. <aside> tag not supported by kindle (although it is in the kindle list)

2. all links give bad internal link error

any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2020, 12:50 PM   #25
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
1. <aside> tag not supported by kindle (although it is in the kindle list)
<aside> tags can only be used in epub3 books. You can convert your epub2 book to an epub3 book with the ePub3-itizer Sigil plugin or simply replace the <aside> tags with <div> tags.

Quote:
2. all links give bad internal link error
You'll need to post the code that you've used for a footnote link and the corresponding footnote definition.

EDIT:
BTW, the kdpvalidator plugin is not an official KDP validation tool and, AFAIK, it doesn't support epub3 books.

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-04-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #26
increase
Connoisseur

Thanks Doitsu the epub3 conversion fixed the aside issue, I need to upgrade kdpvalidator to epub3 do you have a link?
Old 02-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #27
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
[...]I need to upgrade kdpvalidator to epub3 do you have a link?
You'll have to ask the kdpvalidator plugin author to add epub3 support.