Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #1
a.peter
Enthusiast
a.peter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle Touch
[GUI Plugin] Sum Column

A simple GUI plugin to sum up configurable columns of the selected books.

The idea came when in somebody in a german eBook forum asked if such a plugin did exist. No one knew of a plugin like this. The alternative of exporting a book list to CSV and do the evaluation inside a spreadsheet application was annoying.

So i decided to write a simple plugin to sum up numerical columns. Here it is.

Features
  • Configure which user defined numerical columns should be summed up
  • Sum up these columns for all selected books
  • Displays the result inside a dialog and the status bar
  • Prepared to work inside the Favourites Menu

Notes
The plugin was only tested with Calibre 3.40.1. If you encounter issues with older versions, please contact me.
Moderator Notice
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...95&postcount=9
for PY3 compatible version
Participate
If you want to participate in developing this plugin, e.g. by adding translations, you can find the git repository with the source code on GitHub.

Donations
If you feel that this plugin is worht paying for it, then just select a charity organization of your choice and donate some money.

Version History
Spoiler:

Version 0.3.0, 2019-04-03
First version with multiple columns to be configered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sum_column_0.3.0_config.png
Views:	645
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	170564   Click image for larger version

Name:	sum_column_0.3.0_result.png
Views:	599
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	170565  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sum_column_plugin-0.3.0.zip (13.3 KB, 628 views)

Last edited by theducks; 04-03-2022 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Link to PY3 version
a.peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
shadowrain
shadowrain began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Thank you for making this! It's exactly what I was looking for. I keep a page number value for each book and this makes it easy to see how many pages I've read total from a list of books.
shadowrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I just added this this morning and joined MR because I wanted to say thanks and I had a question.

I have the Count Pages plugin with it's custom column and your plugin allows me to add up my monthly pages read extremely easy. I also use the custom "rating" column as opposed to the supplied "Rating" column as that gives me half stars. My question is, can I use this plugin to add up all my monthly ratings?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Thank you very much for making this plugin @a.peter. Just what I was after in order to sum up the amount I have spent on all my books. I can also work out Australian dollars and Japanese yen. Now I don't need to export the data and work it out, although after working out the amount I've spent on ebooks with your plugin ...maybe I don't need to know I have spend over AU$5000 on ebooks/manga, although I'm sure others have spent a lot more.

Suggestion for additional feature:
  • Being about the filter the count (costs in my case) using other columns like author, tags or source. You could currently do this individually if you filtered before you counted, but it would be great if your plugin could also do the filtering and display it filtered.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Interesting plugin. You already have a pull request for the Spanish translation
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:18 PM   #6
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
A.peter, with all the talk about porting/updating all the plugins in the near(?) future, do you think you'll update this one as well?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:29 PM   #7
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Wow, this looks useful. I often want to track the size of a selection of books.

P.S. It only lists #pages as an option.

Last edited by MarjaE; 02-15-2020 at 08:35 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:29 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Wow, this looks useful. I often want to track the size of a selection of books.

P.S. It only lists #pages as an option.
It should show any custom column that is of type integer or floating point. It does here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:41 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
A.peter, with all the talk about porting/updating all the plugins in the near(?) future, do you think you'll update this one as well?
It doesn't look like @a.peter has been around for a while. And annoyingly, there is only one change needed in the plugin to be Python 3 compatible. The attached beta has that change.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sum Column-beta-py3.zip (13.7 KB, 478 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:37 PM   #10
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I leave the po file with the Spanish translation to davidfor to add it to the plugin
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11O...MdNLiLTLooIQGD

Last edited by dunhill; 03-25-2020 at 10:15 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:25 AM   #11
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Davidfor, I tested the beta version in Calibre 5.2 and it works !!

Last edited by dunhill; 10-13-2020 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Thanks Davidfor, I tested the beta version in caliber 5.2 and it works !!
I didn't know that a program called caliber was able to use the same plugins as Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #13
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I didn't know that a program called caliber was able to use the same plugins as Calibre.
Must be the American version.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:39 PM   #14
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And which plugin is it?
Old 10-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thanks Davidfor, I tested the beta version in caliber 5.2 and it works !!
Quote:
And which plugin is it?
I suspect that they are attempting humourous references to your spelling of calibre as "caliber" in message #11 in this thread. When referring to the inside diameter of a gun barrel and it's other uses, calibre is the preferred spelling in all the main variants of English outside of the USA where caliber is the preferred spelling.

Little things amuse little minds.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, plugin