Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #346
marwa59
marwa59 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Conversion error

may i know the steps in details to pass error of lon 35$?
marwa59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:39 PM   #347
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by marwa59 View Post
may i know the steps in details to pass error of lon 35$?
The book you are trying to convert contains content that I have never seen before. I would like to try to duplicate the error in order to fix the plugin.

Could you indicate the title and ASIN (10 character identifier starting with B) for the book you are trying to convert?

Is there anything unusual about the book as far as you can tell?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:41 AM   #348
endoudaiki
endoudaiki began at the beginning.

Device: none
I downloaded a new book from amazon, which is in kfx format. I tried to convert it from kfx to epub, but an error showed up: Exception(u'Unexpected style definition: margin-top: -3.97364E-8lh',).
It seems that it is the ebook manufacturer's fault, but I want to know how to ignore this error and convert the kfx to epub.
endoudaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #349
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoudaiki View Post
I downloaded a new book from amazon, which is in kfx format. I tried to convert it from kfx to epub, but an error showed up: Exception(u'Unexpected style definition: margin-top: -3.97364E-8lh',).
It seems that it is the ebook manufacturer's fault, but I want to know how to ignore this error and convert the kfx to epub.
Conversion may be able to complete if you select the option "Allow conversion to complete if errors are detected" in the KFX Input tab of the conversion options when converting the book. The resulting book will have some incorrect formatting.

It would be helpful to know which book you are converting so that I can try to duplicate the problem and fix it in the plugin.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:15 AM   #350
sanka
sanka began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 5th gen
Hi,
I am happy to be part of this forum. I learned a lot, and i converted my purchased books from Amz*n. Thanks, and I appreciated it a lot. I am using the latest caliber, Dedrm, KFX input, and an *indle PC 1.24.

All works fine except KFX-ZIP format books will never convert to me as Mobi ( needed format) or any other ( tried PDF )Format.

I am not sure where i missed it. i carefully check this first post of this thread and go through many pages and never found.

I am Addicted to reading many books. Yearly around 300Books approximately. i spend a daily minimum of 5 to 6 hours to read a book.

I used to have Old version kindle. That supports only a few formats.

I am desperately looking for help, not an IT expert or coding geek. just a book reading old man.

Thanks
Sanka

Last edited by sanka; 01-07-2020 at 06:19 AM.
sanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #351
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanka View Post
All works fine except KFX-ZIP format books will never convert to me as Mobi ( needed format) or any other ( tried PDF )Format.
If a book imports into calibre as KFX-ZIP format that means DRM removal failed for that book.

In that case you need to ask for help at either Apprentice Alf's Blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub. Providing detailed instructions and help for DRM removal is not allowed on MobileRead.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:31 AM   #352
melltuga
melltuga began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
If a book imports into calibre as KFX-ZIP format that means DRM removal failed for that book.

In that case you need to ask for help at either Apprentice Alf's Blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub. Providing detailed instructions and help for DRM removal is not allowed on MobileRead.
This is happening for me now with every book bought on Amazon. (yes, I'm using the "supported" version of Kindle For PC).

Does this mean ApprenticeAlf would have to update his plugin? Or is this an error on my side, maybe? (but I haven't changed my setup in month)
melltuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #353
sanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post

Thank you, friends. I am waiting for the reply. I tried you referred page .really i can't find anything.

If i go, that refers to this page, if i visit here to see to that page. So, it round-robin.

Anyway Thankyou for your Support and time
Old 01-08-2020, 08:08 AM   #354
sanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by melltuga View Post
This is happening for me now with every book bought on Amazon. (yes, I'm using the "supported" version of Kindle For PC).

Does this mean ApprenticeAlf would have to update his plugin? Or is this an error on my side, maybe? (but I haven't changed my setup in month)
I also not changed anything for a long time. Still KFX format works fine . The only issue on KFX-ZIP.If you found any solution kindly share with me .
Thanks
Old 01-08-2020, 09:29 AM   #355
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melltuga View Post

I don't know what is going wrong with DRM removal in your setup. It works for me.

You will need to ask for help elsewhere. (See below.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanka View Post
Thank you, friends. I am waiting for the reply. I tried you referred page .really i can't find anything.

If i go, that refers to this page, if i visit here to see to that page. So, it round-robin.
You can post questions as a "comment" at Apprentice Alf's Blog (LINK)

Or you can post them as a "new issue" at Apprentice Harper's GitHub (LINK)
Old 01-09-2020, 04:54 AM   #356
sanka

Thank you jhowell !!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #357
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.27.0 - 10 Jan 2020

Support additional KFX features. (Fixes "Invalid local symbol created: crop_bleed" and "Unexpected Ion symbols used: $35")

Fix handling of very small property values. (Fixes "Unexpected style definition: margin-top: -3.97364E-8lh")
Old 01-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #358
melltuga
melltuga began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Thanks for your help, jhowell. Just realized I haven't seen this before:

"It also only works with calibre versions before 4.6.0."

I'll install this version and see if that fixes things.

Thanks for your hard work!
melltuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:00 AM   #359
MrKaon
MrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enough

Device: KV, PW5
Thanks for this great plugin I was trying to get it working with Calibre 4.8 then realised I have to downgrade to Calibre 4.5 in order to get it working.
All Ok now.
MrKaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:37 AM   #360
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.28.0 - 30 Jan 2020

Support additional KFX features. (Fixes "KeyError(u'$758',)")

Ignore extraneous data in KPF files produced by Kindle Create version 1.35. (Fixes "$269 has extra data: (yj.semantics.page_entity:...")