Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
(sigh).
When you use paper this light, you have to line-match, as well, to reduce ghosting.
What LibreOffice Writer calls Register true.
Quite a lot of paperbacks have it. I can see that a couple of CreateSpace editions here editions don't have it.
I shall investigate the Writer PDF output, Lulu in USA and 24print in Netherlands. It looks better even on ordinary paper.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
What LibreOffice Writer calls Register true.
Quite a lot of paperbacks have it. I can see that a couple of CreateSpace editions here editions don't have it.
I shall investigate the Writer PDF output, Lulu in USA and 24print in Netherlands. It looks better even on ordinary paper.
Sorry--clarify the last two sentences, please? For...?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2020, 01:46 AM   #18
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
The Oxford English Dictionary normally has 20 volumes,
but there is a "Compact" edition where each page has 9 pages
of the original text, reduced photographically, to make a single
volume of 2424 pages; i.e., 21,816 normal pages.

Really quite a wonderful thing to read if you ever want to dive
deep into the meaning and history of words, though easier if
you have access to the online version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford...mpact_editions

https://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Co...dp/0198612583/

Last edited by AlanHK; 12-30-2020 at 01:52 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:00 AM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
The Oxford English Dictionary normally has 20 volumes,
but there is a "Compact" edition where each page has 9 pages
of the original text, reduced photographically, to make a single
volume of 2424 pages; i.e., 21,816 normal pages.

Really quite a wonderful thing to read if you ever want to dive
deep into the meaning and history of words, though easier if
you have access to the online version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford...mpact_editions

https://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Co...dp/0198612583/

I have some lovely magnification glasses that I'd need for that! I love my OED, I do, but yeah, verily, it's long as hell. (I agree, it's positively lovely for deep-diving!)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote