Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-02-2024, 03:33 AM   #271
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No way to automate it. I will have to pull out the kerning tables and update the space to make it smaller. I also have to update the metadata to match the current ChareInk fonts. I then have to add hinting. After that's done, I have to make a copy of the font and add weight to it. Then I'll be done. I'll do this sometime this week when I get a chance.
Any chance you could document the process? I believe a lot of people will be willing to help to get new versions out quicker.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 08:21 AM   #272
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
Any chance you could document the process? I believe a lot of people will be willing to help to get new versions out quicker.
I just have to have time to do this. I've not had the time. One problem is I don't know how the increased weight translates to different programs to get the same weight.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:42 AM   #273
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
I'm trying the font on my kindle, it looks nice. Thanks
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:05 PM   #274
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
I'm trying the font on my kindle, it looks nice. Thanks
Your welcome. It also works well on Kobo also.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:13 AM   #275
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just have to have time to do this. I've not had the time. One problem is I don't know how the increased weight translates to different programs to get the same weight.
Perhaps a release of the 6.2 version without added weights might be alright seeing as how most e-readers support adding it manually?

Also, as per the official website, the 6.2 does not have any significant changes to line spacing, glyph widths, or kerning versus the 6.1 to avoid layout changes, so the modifications might be easier than anticipated.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote