Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 03-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dunsany, Lord: Time And The Gods, v1, 16 March 2008.

Line by line, by agonizing line, deleting every carriage return -- two days of drudgery. Why do it? Because Lord Dunsany was a genius and, for me, a huge influence on my own writing when I was published in Nyctolops, Fantasy Crosswinds, and Eldritch Tales.

This verson 1 (v1) has certain deficiences, notably the lack of microns or any other diacritics that might have been in the original text. (I was unable to restore the micron using my keyboard; plus, I have no faithful copy with which to work.) Additionaly, I have yet to change the straight quotes to typographer's quotes.

There may be other omissions and errors I'm unaware of, but I welcome all suggestions. I also welcome formatting suggestions, too, which I may or may not use.

I hope you enjoy this, and I hope it gives you as much pleasure as it still gives to me.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote