Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
Sandra1414
Sandra1414 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle
how do I bulk add books from kobo my books site

Hi e-reader,

I own a kobo forma and have most of my books a kobo.com in "my books". I have seen the video on how to use calibre and looked over the forums. However, I do not know how to add my books to calibre from the kobo site or my kobo forum. Could you take me step by step through it? I then want to add all my books from my kindle to calibre, so I have every e-book at one site.

Thanks,
Sandra
Sandra1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
Rockin
Enthusiast
Rockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Touch
As long as they have not been moved to archive, you can do a wireless sync and you will get all. The MyBooks under your account will have two labels called "My Books" and "archive". Archive are ones you don't want synced to a reader.

Personally, I download all to my PC and use calibre.
Rockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
Sandra1414

Hi

Can you tell me how to get my books from kobo onto calibre? I don't know how to wirelessly sync the books from the kobo cloud to my desk top calibre.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra1414 View Post
Hi

Can you tell me how to get my books from kobo onto calibre? I don't know how to wirelessly sync the books from the kobo cloud to my desk top calibre.
Install the Kobo Desktop application (Windows or Mac). Sync and your books will be downloaded to your computer. Install the Obok plugin (it comes in the DeDRM package—Google Apprentice Alf or Apprentice Harper for more information). Install the Obok plugin and open it. You should see the Kobo books and be able to import them to calibre.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
Sandra1414

so how did you download all your books from kobo to calibre?
Advert
Old 06-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #6
Sandra1414

it sounds very hard to get the obok plugin?
Old 06-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #7
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
It is not so hard but detailed instructions on how to get rid of DRM are forbidden here.

Ask for in the Apprentice Alf Blog where You can download OBOK.

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:43 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you use Windows, download and install Adobe Digital Edition 2.0.1. http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/..._Installer.exe

Go to Adobe.com and register for a username and password and you can register ADE with that username and password.

Install Calibre 64-bit (if you have a 64-bit Windows) and then go tot he link ps67 posted and get the DeDRM plugin and install it. Configure it and get the key from ADE.

Go to Kobo.com and download all of the eBook you have from Kobo as ePub. The eBooks you download will be found in C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Digital Editions. The XXXX is the name of your account in Windows 10.

Then you can drag/drop the ePub into Calibre and if everything is correct, you will have all of your ePub in Calibre with no DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:07 PM   #9
Sandra1414

Thank you

JSWolf: You are an angel. Your explanation was just what I needed.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:02 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you use Windows, download and install Adobe Digital Edition 2.0.1. http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/..._Installer.exe

Go to Adobe.com and register for a username and password and you can register ADE with that username and password.

Install Calibre 64-bit (if you have a 64-bit Windows) and then go tot he link ps67 posted and get the DeDRM plugin and install it. Configure it and get the key from ADE.

Go to Kobo.com and download all of the eBook you have from Kobo as ePub. The eBooks you download will be found in C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Digital Editions. The XXXX is the name of your account in Windows 10.

Then you can drag/drop the ePub into Calibre and if everything is correct, you will have all of your ePub in Calibre with no DRM.
My way which requires installing the Kobo Desktop Edition allows download your books in bulk compared to your one at a time manual process. Then run the Obok plugin in calibre (it came in the same .zip file that installed the Adept DeDRM plugin), select all the files and add them to calibre. You may want to sit there and download 1200 odd books at one go but I have better uses for my time like maybe reading a book or two.

BTW, for now ADE 4.5.11 works with Kobo without using Adobe's hardened DRM. Ditto for the public libraries I use.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-08-2020 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Added comment about ADE 4.5.11
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My way which requires installing the Kobo Desktop Edition allows download your books in bulk compared to your one at a time manual process. Then run the Obok plugin in calibre (it came in the same .zip file that installed the Adept DeDRM plugin), select all the files and add them to calibre. You may want to sit there and download 1200 odd books at one go but I have better uses for my time like maybe reading a book or two.

BTW, for now ADE 4.5.11 works with Kobo without using Adobe's hardened DRM. Ditto for the public libraries I use.
The advantage to downloading as ePub is you have the option of ePub or KePub.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra1414 View Post
JSWolf: You are an angel. Your explanation was just what I needed.
Happy to help. Now that you can remove the DRM from ePub, if you were to buy ePub from ebooks.com or Google, you'd be able to remove the DRM.

Tags
add, kobo