Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
agnostyc
agnostyc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb 7 files - one Book

Is it possible to configure Calibre to held several files in one book (in one directory). [my Calibre is 2.22]
I mean you have lots of files from one conference and you want to see they as one book in the program interface. It's really annoying a huge number of articles on the screen..
agnostyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostyc View Post
Is it possible to configure Calibre to held several files in one book (in one directory). [my Calibre is 2.22]
I mean you have lots of files from one conference and you want to see they as one book in the program interface. It's really annoying a huge number of articles on the screen..
Store them as seperats. Then use the EPUB-Merge PI to make a single book
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
agnostyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Store them as seperats. Then use the EPUB-Merge PI to make a single book
Could u show me where it is located?
Old 03-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Could u show me where it is located?
Preferences Get Plugins
Old 03-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
But if these are PDF's from your conference then ePub merge won't help.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2015, 11:13 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
But if these are PDF's from your conference then ePub merge won't help.
Truth!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:22 AM   #7
agnostyc

the problem is that I have a lot of pdf and no one epub ; )
Old 03-30-2015, 01:53 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are many programs that are capable of merging PDF files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:45 AM   #9
agnostyc

yeah, I know .. but merging pdf take a long time and required adding a content table (for many articles)

Its a pity there is no way to collect different materials (pdf, jpg, doc, etc) in one book cover.

However, I am very grateful to you for Calibre. thx.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:07 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you simply want to store it in Calibre, you could always add them as a ZIP file. You couldn't directly read them, but at least they'd be stored.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #11
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there is a free pdf merge on line.
I use it to merge all of each truefire guitar lessons pack that I buy, as each purchase typically comes with 50 x pdfs.
I use the java applet version here:
http://www.pdfmerge.com/
then I save the single merged pdf, add it to calibre, add title, tags, cover etc...
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@agnostyc - this is how I've handled conference papers.
  • Keep PDFs in a separate folder
  • Create empty book for conference
  • Put links to the papers in empty book comments
  • That gives me an index and links to click on
Sample attached

The ONE file would be my notes.

BR

PS : Links in comments or long text custom columns can be used for 'anything' - I use them for files (video, audio, even a game or two), folders, Evernote Notes, FTP links, OneNote Pages, HTML links...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	136597  

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-30-2015 at 04:59 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:38 AM   #13
agnostyc

Thumbs up BetterRed

Old 03-31-2015, 06:22 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I regard calibre as the nearest thing to what WinFS wasn't

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:38 AM   #15
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Thanks for that idea BR. Brilliant!
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote