Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #391
leebel
leebel began at the beginning.

Device: Kogan
type 1 mobi (.prc) files

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi leebel,

FYI, this is now an experimental version of a new mobidedrm program for type 1 encrypted files that may/should work with your books. Please pm me for details.

KevinH
You and Paul have been TOTALLY AMAZING in your support. All I can say is a huge thank you! Also my appreciation (and a donation) to Kovid Goyal for Calibre! What an amazing community.

Can't wait to get the updated tools plugged into my system and get the remaining (legally purchased) ~ 2,000 .prc files into a more user-friendly format.

Lee
leebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #392
leebel
leebel began at the beginning.

Device: Kogan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebel View Post
You and Paul have been TOTALLY AMAZING in your support. All I can say is a huge thank you! Also my appreciation (and a donation) to Kovid Goyal for Calibre! What an amazing community.

Can't wait to get the updated tools plugged into my system and get the remaining (legally purchased) ~ 2,000 .prc files into a more user-friendly format.

Lee
A tweaked version of MobiDeDRM yet to be released has been able to deal effectively with "Type 1 default encryption in a BOOKMOBI file with a version 2 MOBI header." These were old prc files I purchased many years ago. Another string to the bow.

A lesson for beginners like me regards the MobiDeDrm plugin to Calibre: I assumed icorrectly, that prc books in question in Calibre had to be converted. Not so! I had to delete the books from the library and then add them in and the plugin did the rest.

BTW: Performance Quest (the publisher) didn't repond to my emails.

Thanks again to Paul and Kevin for their advice (and perseverence) to help a newcommer to the digital book world.
leebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
conversion, drm, formatting, mobipocket