Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
When Editing Azw files in Calibre...

So I was editing all the metadata in my Amazon books, but when i put the ebook files and the corresponding mpb files back on the kindle, none of my notes and highlights are showing up.

I asked the creator of Calibre about it and he informed me that I had make the mbp title match the ebook files, because in changing one, I've disassociated it from the other.

I can't figure out if I had to leave the string of numbers there or not, but no matter what I do, when I load the files back onto my kindle, the notes aren't there. The book has a New tag next to it.

I know some people have edited their azw metadata, any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Seems like you are doing something to change the file name. The .azw and .mpb file names must match exactly.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Yeah, but the mpb. file has a string of numbers that comes after it- I've just been editing the titles.

Like the book file will be, Dragon Keeper: Book 1 of the Rain Wilds Chronicles.

The .mpb file will be after I changed it, "Dragon Keeper: Book 1 of the Rain Wilds Chronicles -B00dhk3ry98fwsjlef

Do I remove the numbers? Leave them? Either way it seems the mpb file doesn't work with the book file....
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Why are you changing the file name of the book at all?

Just edit the metadata -- the file name has nothing to do with what you see on the Kindle screen.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Anarel
Evangelist

I've got it all figured out now, thanks ^_^;;

That wasn't the problem, the problem was my notes weren't showing up, but I got it now.
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Frina
Frina began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
topaz conversion

Hi, I want to ask is there any way you can convert topaz to html. I have several unDRMed topaz books which will load on calibre but won't convert to anything else. Any help would be appreciated.
Frina is offline   Reply With Quote