Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 12:37 PM   #1
sagitta
sagitta began at the beginning.

Device: ios
issues with spellcheck

I tried to install a dictionary to add a new language for spellcheck. It didn´t work because it appears lots of caracteres not letters. Also I couldn´t add the language in the top drop menu. After that, I can´t open the preferences window anymore, the program stop responses. I uninstalled sigil, cleaned the cache, register and install it again but it doesn´t help. The new instalation keeps remaining the same issue.
What can I do to have my preferences window back?
Thanks
sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagitta View Post
What can I do to have my preferences window back?
Try to rename sigil.ini. If you have a Windows machine:
  1. Close Sigil.
  2. Press Windows+R (Run).
  3. Copy and paste %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\ and press Enter.
  4. Rename sigil.ini.
  5. Restart Sigil.

It'd also help to know the language(s) that you want to install dictionaries for, because other users might point you to versions that work for them.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert